HDMI Audio
Hi Guys,

wants abit of advice if possible.

Im using a Acer RL100 to connect XBMC to my SOny TV. Its great. however If i try to set the audio to HDMI the TV tells me "Unsupported Audio SIgnal check your input device" (its a sony) it works fine with the standard setting (analgue i think it is)

I have read a few things on this forum that are over my head! so any starting points would be great.

Curiously, I also tried to play a blue ray, and that gets even stranger, the blueray starts fine and goes to the title screen (where I can hear the title screen music) but when I try to play the movie, again I get "Unsupported Audio SIgnal check your input device" - i assume playing a blueray sets the audio output to hdmi

I appriciate that this may be an issue with the TV, but it feels more like an issue with the output from my RL100

I tried different hdmi sockets in the tv as i read thaat could cause an issue - no differnce
If i look in control panel it is set to "Sony TV-1 Nvidia High definition Audio"
I thought at first it was the HDMI cable as it was just a cheap one, so swapped with a high speed HDMI still get the problem.

This maybe a really stupid question, but I get audio through normally and its connected via HDMI, so when I set in XBMC the audio to HDMI, what is that actually doing different?

Any help is much appriciated.
Can you go in the XBMC settings and untick "DTS compatible" and "Dolby compatible" ticks ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio0