Win Refresh/rebuild library from saved metadata/fanart/posters?
Question 
Hi all,

I prefer to use external scrapers for collecting metadata/fanarts/posters such as metabrowser (which supports xbmc).
So that I can choose which background i want to keep, which poster i prefer and etc. etc.

Metabrowser has been able to create the xbmc compatible files and assigned proper fanarts and posters, however xbmc is still reading the old posters and backgrounds.

I tried to clear the library via Settings > Video Library > Clean Library option, but no help.

Please guide.
For starters, XBMC keeps all the art and metadata internally.. So collecting new art, metadata and dumping it into the folder doesn't change anything... you have to refresh the library with a re-scan, at which point if ALL the data required is available to XBMC in the folder, it will take up the local information instead of exiting to the web.

A slight word of caution: sometimes 3rd party software claims to support XBMC, but might lack critical details in it's metadata and you end up with a XBMC scrape anyway, replacing your art again. Exporting to separate files dumps the art & metadata contained in the library into your movie folders, potentially overwriting (there is an option) the material you've placed.
Thanks for your reply PatK. I will keep in mind about the risks that you mentioned.

While browsing through the forum, i came upon an thread with similar requests as me, and someone mentioned to edit the source in the library and change the content type to None... hit ok and you get the option to rescan the libary.. continue doing that, this will remove anything thats logged into the cache. After that, re-edit the source content and add movies back, and hit ok.. but this time dont attempt to re-scan instead just hit no. Go back to settings > video library, and clear the cache, and you will see all the new fan art and posters that you have manually placed in the folder. I did that, and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh/rebuild library from saved metadata/fanart/posters?0