• 1(current)
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
http://www.shuttle.eu/products/slim/xs35.../overview/

Apparently now available, this would look to be amongst the best fanless ready made systems available, no?

Thoughts, ideas, anyone tried one with XBMC yet??

✓ Fanless and silent
✓ Low power consumption (19W idle, 27W at full load)
✓ Approved for 24/7 operation
✓ Atom D2700
✓ Radeon HD 7410M
✓ Optical DVD or Blu-ray slim-line drive bay
✓ 2 x SO-DIMM slots with 204 pins
✓ 2.5" HDD/SSD bay
✓ 4-in-1 card reader
✓ 5 x USB 2.0
✓ D-Sub
✓ HDMI
✓ 40W Adapter
✓ 2.1 kg
✓ No operating system (nice!)
✓ 25.2 x 16.2 x 3.85 cm (only 1.57 liter)

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Looks nice..
If this gets xbmc community approval, im gonna order this one..
(2012-06-29, 04:16)bossanova808 Wrote: ✓ Radeon HD 7410M
This one might be problematic with OpenElec/XBMCbuntu/Linux. Of course, there are a few success stories of Linux + ATI lately, maybe this one will work out. My 15 year experience with Linux and video cards makes me pessimistic though.
Shuttle seems overpriced to me lately. I use ZBOX (not even the new ones, hd11) and it works perfectly for my needs. I can't even hear the fan that's in it. Plus, I install Openelec to an SDHC card so it cuts down on heat, power, and sound.
Thank you to everyone for this awesome software!
They've always been over-priced really, but fair to say they also do good work - the problem I have the the zboxes is I have heard some quiet ones, but I have also heard several that sounds like aircraft - there's a lot of variance in their fans (ditto ASRock machines).

I think Windows would probably be the way to go with this one...I was awlays prejudiced against windows in this context but hving tried it with AMD hardware of late (see my sig) - it works very well indeed. OE and AMD is still pretty rough, fair to say.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
well any downsides exept the price(for windows use)?
i was hoping for more comments about this baby
hey guys ive got 2x of these babies (one for me and one for a friend)... can i just say... runs like a treat
1080p fanless, completely silent.
I run win 7 32bit, with xbmc

any questions feel free to ask
How do you go with the heavier skins? Nox etc?
The heavier skins lag slightly (useable - but a little jitter). for the most part though, it does the job i wish for it to do. I currently use SLik (i just like the look Wink )
As stated eariler, its completely silient (no fans) in standby i read 4W of power used, and the max i can get it through 1080p is about 25W (with a phyiscal blueray disk)

I only had issues (with both) installing the 2x 2GB of ram, i literally had to install 1 stick, load into windows then update the bios to read the second stick of ram. Its just a note because with the 4GB of RAM in the device there is no display or beeps (motherboard doesnt have speakers)

I must say, ive used multiple machines for a HTPC setup and this by far is the best ive seen/used.
(2012-07-04, 21:23)bobobobo51 Wrote: hey guys ive got 2x of these babies (one for me and one for a friend)... can i just say... runs like a treat
1080p fanless, completely silent.
I run win 7 32bit, with xbmc

any questions feel free to ask

Thanks for the usefull info.
Just placed my order.. estimated arrival time 5weeks Sad
youll love it Wink
i waited about a month as well
HD 7410M cool....

enjoy!

Someone post temps please.....

any program you want me to test with specifically?
anyone tried it with xbmcbuntu / openelec (general build) yet and can give a statement if everything runs ok?

thanks!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000