Linux Making my own movie set
Just a few thoughts on this issue (noting: J.Marshall has posted caution around custom sets) and some of the imminent changes coming in the next iteration of XBMC will make smart playlists and important way of manipulating the library. I'm in a windows environment, so you can take this with a grain of salt, but suspect most of this set stuff apply's across the board. I too have a number of 'custom sets' from Academy Awards through Disney, SFX, and Block Busters... in all quite a few of overlapping sets of which I don't have a lot of issues, but have noted that analytic's of smartplays lists go out the window with too many sets, e.g. Top 250 includes a lot of sets within which are the target, so you do not get a true representation of how many of the set you have and what you're missing. The whole set concept is "Boxed Set's" as offered for sale at times, but to use them as a catalogue tool will diminish your usage of the library.

I've stuck my Disney in one folder, Sherlock Homes in another etc... Creating a smartplaylist for a folder is pretty darn easy. Doesn't break the rules and more importantly when I add something new it's in the smartlist. No editing .nfo for me anymore... Well I admit to changing the studio to Criterion when needed..

Messages In This Thread
Making my own movie set - by Xero Xenith - 2012-07-01, 19:33
RE: Making my own movie set - by Martijn - 2012-07-01, 19:54
RE: Making my own movie set - by Xero Xenith - 2012-07-01, 20:59
RE: Making my own movie set - by Ned Scott - 2012-07-01, 23:13
RE: Making my own movie set - by Martijn - 2012-07-02, 00:00
RE: Making my own movie set - by PatK - 2012-07-01, 23:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making my own movie set0