Play Random Album
I discovered my self having 500+ albums but always choosing my music in a subset of .. maybe 50 albums. But I like all of my 500 albums.. so I've thought that it can be useful to have a kind of "play a random album" feature (I like to hear an album in his recorded order, and not shuffling everything)

goggling a little bit, I've found that this option is in Amarok and in Itunes, And i've found a plugin in winamp to do-it (it's what I'm using right now) so I can conclude that its a feature useful for other people also.

I wish to know if this feature can be added to xbmc,and if not, if anyone think it can be done by a plugin. I'm a programmer, never touched python or the xbmc source code, but if I get some clues on how to do the plugin I think I can do it myself, and share it to every one.
that would be PARTY MODE
A smartplaylist can do this - just setup an album playlist with no rules, sort by random, limit 1.

That'll pull out a random album each time you click on it -> play and away you go.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that was perfect...

couldn't set limit to 1, because the minimum is 10... but it's OK, I can press stop

thanks
You can probably set the minimum to 1 by editing the XML it creates (userdata/playlists/music)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello, did you ever get this going? I'm really curious to do the same thing. I want to play all the albums one by one at random. Not random songs. I want to keep the albums random but play the tracks in order.

Any luck? Can you post the xml you created?

-Thanks
use the internal smartplaylists creator
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I did, but it didn't start playing. It just would give a list of all the albums. I can then go in and play each individual album, but it doesn't play from one to the next.

What did I miss?

Here is the playlist it created:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
<name>test</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="album" operator="contains"></rule>
</smartplaylist>

-Thanks
Or use a skin that uses the Random Items or Skin Widgets scripts.
Use context menu to play it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there a way to set the playlist to just play once selected? I'd like to assign a button on the remote to just play it when pressed as I want to setup a few different playlists.
Here is my xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
<name>Random Album</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain">Infantil</rule>
<limit>1</limit>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

and if you have a higher limit and play the list using context menu (without entering the list) you can play all the albums

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Album0