File move, rename and organise
I think a great feature would be if once xbmc has identified your media it should rename it and move it to a specific location, so for instance
my orignal path C:\somefilmfolder\disorganisedfolder\rubbish\bla.rawr.bonkers(2011).avi

it scans and finds that bla.avi is a film
and moves it to C:\somepredefinedfolder\%filmgenre%\bla(2011).avi

you could make it so that the final filename is customizable to include any database variable (ie %releasedate% or %year% or %genre)

obviously some people would rather than films be in genres they be organised on there hdd into years etc and that could be an option you pick what sort of file organisation you want.

because while in xbmc its easy to browser films and sort them if i'm not in xbmc films can be all over the place, misnamed or labeled it would be a great feature and make all films / filenames a nice standard.
this is* SO* the task of some third party tool....
but why not include it in XBMC, the tools i could see on the forum didnt seem like they used the xbmc db to get the correct genre and filenames.
because this is a perfect example of bloat. lots of code to write and maintain. and maybe a handful of users (under-estimating for the dramatic effect) who would find it useful....
@B33T Look At Sickbeard for TV Shows
Look At CouchPotato for Movies

3rd Party Apps that Do EXACTLY what you want, they even work on ALL platforms
Tried looking at couch potato, it doesn't seem to allow me to organise my current downloads folders? am i missing something.
Hey,

Have you tried XBMC Media Move?

It's a small tool that does a pretty good job! :o)
-----
XBMC Media Move easily completes your Media Center automated system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File move, rename and organise0