TV Show episode thumbnails/icons?
so ive mostly used my XBMC for movies only, however recently ive been getting into watching my shows digitally and want to setup a library of all my favorite series in XBMC like i do with movies

So i have the Walking Dead ready to go, and i created a folder called "TV Shows" in the root of my external drive along with "Movies"

then under "TV Shows" i have a folder called "The Walking Dead" then under that i have the season 1 episodes as individual items such as "The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.xxx" etc etc

I assume that folder heirarchy is ok?

if so, can i get images set as the poster art for each episode? like im my movies folder i have a TBN file that coincides for every single movie i have, such as

The.Artist.mkv
The.Artist.tbn

the tbn file is a JPEG using the recommended xbmc poster art size

What is the dimensions for episode art? im using the walking dead wikia as a reference and they are not vertical ortientated pictures like most movie posters are, its usually a screenshot from the specific episode... what do you guys use for the size of your episode images?

and would i just put it in the folder as a tbn named the same as the episode? such as :

The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.mkv
The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.tbn

im using the latest version of confluence if that helps at all?

thanks a lot!
Yes you can, generally a 16x9 tbn is used. TheTVDB episode thumbs are all 400x225 which I find to be generally low quality - I'd say go up to 1280x720 max size depending on the view you plan to use in the skin.

Not sure how the Frodo thumb cache works now (I hear you can now choose the resolution they are cached as) - but generally I choose the highest quality poster-fanart etc. that would get stored along side the video file and then have different <thumbsize> advancedsettings.xml on the different powered systems.
(2012-07-06, 14:20)live4ever Wrote: Yes you can, generally a 16x9 tbn is used. TheTVDB episode thumbs are all 400x225 which I find to be generally low quality - I'd say go up to 1280x720 max size depending on the view you plan to use in the skin.

Not sure how the Frodo thumb cache works now (I hear you can now choose the resolution they are cached as) - but generally I choose the highest quality poster-fanart etc. that would get stored along side the video file and then have different <thumbsize> advancedsettings.xml on the different powered systems.

awesome thank you very much!

i just checked the tvdb site and your right, those thumbs do look small

however i only use 418x626 for my movie posters as the layout i choose is a screen full of small posters in a 5 x5 grid so its doesnt look too bad, and seems to upscale ok

but having never watched an tv show before, when i click on each episode, what portion of the screen does the episode thumb use in confluence?

any better sources to get show thumbs from?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show episode thumbnails/icons?0