Remifi: better web browsing for TV. Beta testers needed
I wanted HBOgo, Hulu, Penny Arcade, MLB, and more on my TV, but didn't like the way web browsing worked on TVs, so I created remifi.

It gives your iPhone/Android full control of Firefox. XBMC's Advanced Launcher starts Firefox from inside XBMC. Remifi gives raw control of the mouse so you can interact with Flash and Silverlight video. Tiny scripts provide buttons, links, and lists for common site-specific actions (play, fullscreen, related videos).

I see few solutions to lots of web-browsing threads in these forums and think remifi could help a lot of people. Find a website with your phone then open it on your TV and starting watching.

I've been using remifi on my mac mini for over a year, but just recently made a website, polished it up, and released it, along with adding Windows and Linux support. Since it's a firefox plugin it only takes a couple seconds to install (or uninstall) and would love some feedback.

Download links and a demo video are on the site: http://www.remifi.com
Really like this idea of pushing whatever is on your phone/tablet/laptop to XBMC. There are other similar work like PlayIt http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118251 and of course Airplay. But nothing has quite nailed it yet.

I use an ATV1 as my main XBMC device, so it doesn't work for this, at present. From watching the video on your site, you say it might be possible. Could you elaborate on this?

Apple TV runs OSX, complete with shell access. In theory, you could install Firefox and use XBMC's Advanced Launcher to start it. It all seems rather possible. I don't have an ATV1 or ATV2 to play with (ATV3 isn't unlocked).

From the forum it looks like efforts to embed firefox or webkit into XBMC are often tried but always stall. I like the Advanced Launcher's workflow: run the app, when it's finished bring up XBMC again. Does this sound possible inside Apple TV?

I hadn't seen PlayIt. Looks like it works on recognized sites which expose the raw video file to XBMC's player? Remifi doesn't need the raw video exposed, though the UIX is better for recognized sites. Airplay for iPad is awesome, but iPhone feels too limited, especially inside the mobile safari (with Android and Flash/Silverlight being out of luck).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remifi: better web browsing for TV. Beta testers needed0