Solved Back Row update
Sorry for my laziness, I guess I have not really delved in to XBMC and all it's parts, but I have a question.

I am on my third system for upgrading to Eden, when I noticed something and maybe someone can shed some light. Once I updated the system to Eden, I noticed that the skin Back Row is version 3.2.7 so I went looking around for the add on and the update button.

So again, my fault for not watching all the changes, but now it's on my list of things to do. However, as you can see in the pic the "Update" button is greyed out so I cannot update that way. I did download the new one from the site, a rar file so I am wondering about the button. I also went in to the add ons area to try to see if I can get the newer version via "Get More" and that just takes me to version 3.2.7 which I am like huh? I uninstalled Back Row and went back to Confluence. I exited out and then went back in to XBMC to add the Back Row skin in the hopes that somehow XBMC will offer the new 3.6.0, it just takes me back to the 3.2.7 version.

In the future will this get fixed or is the updating going to be through downloading the newer versions here in the forums? Or is there a setting that I might have "off" when I should have it "on" that I have missed?
Oh you're not having much luck with this are you? You're right it should just let you update from within the addons screen. It seems as though XBMC has not updated the repo that it uses. You could try right clicking the XBMC repo and refreshing it via the addons screen - see if that updates the repo for you.
If I understand correctly go to Settings>Addons>right click on "Enable Add ons"? I did that and I did not see anything happening.

If I understand how this works, if I install a skin add on it should show up under C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\ and then like in this case, skin.back-row folder should appear. Is that correct?
Hi sorry my bad I meant activate the context menu not "right click" press "C" on the keyboard when highlighting the XBMC repo after selecting "Get Addons".

Then you should see this:

I'd try clicking "force refresh".

Skins and other addons actually show up (in windows) under here (using my username as an example):

C:\Users\SHARPE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Okay I did this and it goes really quick (like 1 second), nothing shows up. So I am assuming that is okay then.

As far as where the skins go, I found one in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

So the first one I mentioned (in the Programs Files folder), there is a folder called skin.back-row in it. Could that be the reason why it is causing confusions? Should I delete that one leaving the one under Users?
Oh yes remove the one in the program files folder.
Okay, thanks. I removed it. Whew, that's enough for me today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row update0