Teamviewer - Automatically close the 'Sponsored Session' popup
Those of you who use TeamViewer are surely aware of the sponsored session notice present after nearly every remote session. This was incredibly annoying when trying to work with my media center remotely because this popup takes focus away from XBMC.

My most recent versions of the script are not working consistently and early versions had very high cpu utilization, however, another user pointed out an alternative that is functional.

Link to thread on Teamviewer forum: http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1255.25
Compiled exe for English: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6150252_69757170_132933
Compiled exe for Swedish: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6150252_69013132_929907

I am not affiliated with the working script other than the creation of the exe file. School and Steam sales are getting in the way of programming in my free time so this solution will have to do for now.
I will give this a try. That sponsored session notice is really annoying.
Thanks
Thanks! I'll have to give that a try!
(2012-07-10, 06:09)csmith665 Wrote: Those of you who use TeamViewer are surely aware of the sponsored session notice present after nearly every remote session. This was incredibly annoying when trying to work with my media center remotely because this popup takes focus away from XBMC. Below is a copy of a script written in AutoHotKey that will find and close this window. It may be helpful to stick a shortcut in the 'Startup' folder in the 'All Programs' menu so that the exe executes at Windows login. The program sits in the task bar and typically utilizes less than 2mb of RAM.

Code:
var1 = 0

#SingleInstance force

While True
{
    ifWinExist , Sponsored session
    {
        WinActivate
        sleep, 500
        Send , {Enter}
    }
}

Direct link to compiled exe: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6150252_4591673_779635

Thanks for doing this because I always hated that popup! However, the latest Teamviewer 7 updates have rendered it not necessary when you do computer to computer Teamviews. However, if you do iphone to comptuer teamviews there is not longer a pop up but Teamviewer now puts up it's Control Panel window (center of screen) after you disconnect. This is only using the iphone teamviewer app to log into a computer. Can you mod you script for that?
The popup is indeed annoying but it hasn't caused any problems for me in the past, XBMC has always stayed on top despite the popup, but the recent updates to teamviewer has changed this behaviour just like mrfatboy explained, the "main" window of teamviewer will pop up once a session is disconnected and THAT causes XBMC to be minimized.

Incredibly stupid of them, I can't really use it any more until this is fixed.

If anyone has a solution I'd really like to hear it!

Cheers!

(2012-07-25, 13:02)e2zippo Wrote: The popup is indeed annoying but it hasn't caused any problems for me in the past, XBMC has always stayed on top despite the popup, but the recent updates to teamviewer has changed this behaviour just like mrfatboy explained, the "main" window of teamviewer will pop up once a session is disconnected and THAT causes XBMC to be minimized.

Incredibly stupid of them, I can't really use it any more until this is fixed.

If anyone has a solution I'd really like to hear it!

Cheers!

I have the same issue with the version 7.0.13989 and this is really annoying. Leaving a session and not being able to let something run in full screen is a real problem ! Anyone knows if this is an official issue from the latest version ? Any update would be very appreciated.
(2012-08-16, 09:03)wodjee Wrote: I have the same issue with the version 7.0.13989 and this is really annoying. Leaving a session and not being able to let something run in full screen is a real problem ! Anyone knows if this is an official issue from the latest version ? Any update would be very appreciated.

I haven´t found a solution within the teamviewer options, but if you use
Windows XBMC Launcher
xbmc will always be in focus
csmith665 muito bom seu post. Parabens mesmo!!!
Glad to see that some of you have taken interest in this little script. I have updated to the most recent version of Teamveiwer and will begin working on a solution to minimize the connection window and bring XBMC to the front.

Edit: My media center does not have the problem with the control panel popping up while using the original script, but XBMC is not restored to full screen. This is probably because the Host version of TV is on that computer. Working on an update.
Anotehr alternative - you can easily tweak RDP to allow concurrent session, I have used this for years and eyar with multiple PCs includingmy current HTPC - nicer than VNC based solutions like TeamViewer I reckon.

There's a link in my sig to instructions....
(noting you can also run remoteapps in seamless mode too, slightly hard but a very nice experience with some apps....it's jsut like you're running it locally...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thanks for the information bossanova808. I will look over some of the documentation in your signature.

I have chosen Teamviewer after testing multiple different RDP and VNC solutions. For me, the biggest factors are encryption and cost. Teamviewer is free and offers a level of encrpytion that most VNC and Windows RDP do not. Additionally, the management control panel is helpful for quick access to what computers are checking in at the present time.
I'm waiting for teamviewer solution. Thanks for all the hard work.
I'd better to change
sleep, 500 to sleep, 200.
For men - it is equal, and for the Pc - the task will be done a bit faster.
(2012-09-03, 10:08)Cansonnu Wrote: I'd better to change
sleep, 500 to sleep, 200.
For men - it is equal, and for the Pc - the task will be done a bit faster.

I have looked at the sleep time. There was very little noticeable difference once lower than 50. Regardless, made the change based on your recommendation. The XBMC version has been uploaded.
A new, more CPU efficient version has been posted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teamviewer - Automatically close the 'Sponsored Session' popup2