Corrupt TV episode images when scraping
Hi all -

I'm seeing a wierd issue when importing my TV series. I have all local nfos and fanarts. WHen I scrape to add the TV source to my library, everything imports correctly, except for some, but not all, of my TV episode images. I get quite a few corrupt thumbnails in XBMC, but I can see no rhyme or reason to why I get them. When I verify the image in my source folders, the images are fine. I can also manually reassign the thumbnail for an episode by browsing and selecting the same thumbnail that should have been scraped. If I manually assign it, the thumbnail displays fine.

I use XBMC standard naming - "Showname S01E01.jpg", so that isn't an issue, and again, this happens only for some images. Manually assigning images isn't an option since I have over 5500 episodes, and this seems to affect around 10-20% of my images. It seems to be more common for HD episodes, but even in a given TV show, seasons 1 & 2 might be fine, and season 3 will have corrupt images, or even a mix in the same season.

Any thoughts on why this is occurring or what I can look for to see the root cause? I do use Ember to scrape the images, but again, not problems viewing them in any image viewer, explorer, or even in XBMC.

Thanks for the help!
Showname S01E01.jpg is not read by XBMC. .tbn is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so why am I getting any images at all? If that were the case, I would expect to get no images at all. why does this result in some good ones and some bad ones?
Perhaps the skin that you're using is making assumptions that images might exist?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-12, 00:55)jmarshall Wrote: Perhaps the skin that you're using is making assumptions that images might exist?

I highly doubt any skin looks for local episode images.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No, no special skin magic going on here - using latest Nox, and it uses whatever was scraped. Keep in mind that I'm not getting the default placedholder image (as if there were no imaged scraped at all) but rather a rasterized, damaged image. I'm baffled because some shows are scraped perfectly fine and some have a mix of good and bad images. This is ONLY happening with episode images, not with the base TV Show or season images.
Try in Confluence also try a refresh of that tvshow.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just wiped the nfo's and the episode jpgs and and let xbmc rescrape. i still believe there is an issue here. i have seen plenty of examples of where xbmc does not even recognize the images for scraping if they are jpg vs tbn, but this one is pretty odd. Never seen it 'sorta' get some of the images and corrupt the thumbnails of others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Corrupt TV episode images when scraping0