Root Password in XBMC Eden
Hy!

Yesterday, I killed my Windows 7 Mediacenter (self built), and wanted to install XBMCbuntu. However, I suffer from the issue, that when booting the GUI it crashs. However, the isnt the topic here.

Thankfully I still can log in on an console.

I logged in with my User Account and typed sudo apt-get update. Linux asked for my Password, I typed it in and got a logon failed. I tried to login in via root with my password and failed too. What is the root password of this release? root access is activated though. So I am not locked out with root.

Somebody could help me please?

I tried it on my vmware installation, sudo su works there with my password. On my physical machine it doesnt. However, I reinstalled it 3 times. Password is correct, otherwise i wouldnt be able to login with my created user! Could this be a bug?

Thanks
Rainer
If I remember correctly the default password for XBMC is XBMC, I might be wrong about that... it's been quite a while since I used it. Linux passwords are another mystery.... I've locked myself out.
XBMC/XBMC or XBMC/[empty] doesnt work for the Installation. It only works for the Live CD.

I was creating a Boot Stick via the Universal USB Installer (which is also Promoted from Ubuntu). When you install it via USB the Installer GUI looks slightly differernt from the CD. So I tried to burn the ISO and Install it from the CD and then it worked. su now works with the password I have set.

Thanks though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Root Password in XBMC Eden0