OS X **UPNP Help**
Hey guys,
I usually dont ask for help because I like to figure this stuff on my own but I have been stuck on this for a long time now. So my set up is this....
I have a old mac mini (powerpc) hooked up to my harddrive. The mac mini is getting internet access through ethernet into my Airport Extreme. I have set up an UPNP server using XBMC, of course. Big Grin I have XBMC running a UPNP server from my hardrive movie folder, or so I think. I then have jailbroken my Apple TV (2nd gen) and installed, you guessed it, XBMC. Heres my problem.... When I go to XBMC on my Apple TV and try to add the UPNP device I can see my mac mini and then click on it. After I click on it theres only two options from there "music library" and "video library". In both of them theres nothing so I can't add my "movies" folder from my harddrive. Am I forgetting to do something, doing it wrong, is it my hardware because the mac mini is so old or what?? Any suggestion would do, this is my first time setting up an UPNP server so go easy on the lingo.

Thanks for your time,
Tim
You have to scrape your content on your XBMC Server into the database (e.x. set content of your movie/tv-shows folder and let it fetch the metadata from the configured scraping site).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
what do you mean by scrape your content? like add my movie file to my XBMC on my mac mini where it says video??
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
**UPNP Help**0