June Snapshot - Why is epsiode count now total, previously unwatched?
Ok so I am trying the June snapshot out - my normal view for TV shows is:

Media Info
Sort By: Episodes (Ascending)
Hide Watched Yes

This normally gives me a list from top to bottom of shows we're watching with the most frequent (thus minimum episodes remaining) at the top.

So maybe:
Falling Skies 1
Walking Dead 2
...and then shows with more unwatched episodes at the bottom etc.

But with the June nightly, it's now showing TOTAL number of episodes for that show (i.e. watched + unwatched), instead of the count of unwatched only - which is way less useful (to me!), so:

Falling Skies 15 (but we've watched all but one)
Walking Dead 26
...etc

Bug, or intentional? My guess is bug as I can't see why you'd want the count to reflect total with 'hide watched' in place.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
The order of things was changed a bit, so it could well be a screwup. Drop Voyager-xbmc a PM and ask him to take a look.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cool, done.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2012-07-14, 00:32)jmarshall Wrote: The order of things was changed a bit, so it could well be a screwup. Drop Voyager-xbmc a PM and ask him to take a look.

Should not have changed that much. I took a quick look and from first sight it seems more like a refresh issue. The start value is the total number of episodes but gets updated in ApplyWatchedFilter. The season or show node itself doesn't get added or removed so there must be something causing it not to update. I'll have a more thorough look in the next few days.
Thanks Voyager-xbmc.
been looking at it - it seems that the root cause is that watched/unwatched filtering, which is now part of overall filtering (thus called by OnFinalizeItems) is called AFTER FormatAndSort.
Previously, watched/unwatched was part of OnPrepareFileItems, which is called BEFORE (see CGUIMediaWindow::Update).

With that in mind, I've started to fix it and got promising result for the initial load of the list, I still need to fix it for the toggle after the list is loaded. Some refresh issue remains - I'll keep you posted when it's fixed.

Great! (and explains why I couldn't find a simple solution in the skin files!)
pull request https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1176 sent!
Hey folks - just tried out the latest alpha4

It works in the sense of the count is right, but unfortunately it's still a bit broken - if you mark something as watched (or sometimes when you exit and re-enter the view) - the sort order is lost...it flicks back to alphabetical rather than episode sort order.

Any chance you could take another look at it??
Fixed it, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1288
Bloody hell that was fast! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
June Snapshot - Why is epsiode count now total, previously unwatched?0