ODROID-X (Quad Core ARM A9 w/ Mali GPU)
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about buying an odroid-x cause of the great specs. I just want to be sure that i can get xbmc runnning on it.
How can I find out if xbmc works with this board or if there is a xbmc port for this chip / chipset coming!?

Thanks
It will run on it, but has no hardware acceleration support (yet). It can play some 720 files since it has a very powerful CPU (for an ARM processor, that is), but will struggle on others and any 1080 content. Like all Android hardware, we can't know for sure if it will work out for hardware decoding, so we don't recommend buying anything until it can be confirmed.
Driver support is being worked on, they expect it to be done somewhere in October. Right now you can try XBMC for Android, I haven't done that yet. I'm using it as my workstation right now since it is absolutely silent (and I'm experiencing my music quite differently now :-)). Next month I'll have more time for testing.
Any news about your tests or xbmc port?
I am looking at getting a Odroid-x, would like to move to ARM pc's, do you think the Odroid support DTS-MA or am I dreaming abit
shepo, i think first step would be to allow the default XBMC built-in player to play 1080P using HW accel.
DTS-MA will come later and at this point, the current hardware of the ODROID-X might not be compatible so...
cant be %110 sure but, it'll be a work in progress..
however, the ODROID-X platform seems promising and some guys sell custom cases for it.
things are starting to shape'up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...u_XcYvPngM#!
HardKernel presents their latest update to the ODROID-X Exynos4412 quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 development board. This new ODROID-X2 ships with the 1.7Ghz (1.8Ghz over-clockable) Exynos4412 quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, with 2GB RAM, and a higher clocked 533Mhz Mali-400 quad-core GPU. The price is $149, the 16GB eMMC memory (4x to 5x faster than booting/running from SD Card) is $39 extra, the $9 power adapter is recommended also, then also add about $30 for shipping.

Hopefully, besides supporting AMlogic, Apple and Broadcom those samsung chips are supported by XBMC rather sooner than later: This 2nd generation Odroid looks even greater than the first gen!
wow, this is insane Robotica!!

i was almost ready to buy the 1st gen ODROID-X O.O

and now, there's an ODROID-X2 that just came out and specs are smoking hot!!!!!!

Once hardware Accel is accomplished on this platform, it'll be the best there is out there hands down!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...FY3T8pTVkQ#!
I've been wondering about replacing my CuBox with an ODROID-X2, but I get the impression that hardware video decoding under the MALI-400 is still not working. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about it on the forum here and online - Is there a clear answer on this? Basically any platform without hardware support is never going to be a good fit for XBMC.
to my knowledge, not thats its impossible, but, for now,
the Hardware Accel support you'll only get with AMLOGIC platform....

like the GIENATECH ATV1200 which will be Dual-Core!!
many cant wait to get their hands on it and try XBMC.
http://www.ovalelephant.com/index.php?ro...ct_id=2085
Has anyone got XBMC up and running on one of these boards? I was looking at the ODROID U2, bit cheaper than the X2. Im not super experienced in these dev boards and would like to hear how others have found them...
(2012-11-22, 09:22)eskro Wrote: to my knowledge, not thats its impossible, but, for now,
the Hardware Accel support you'll only get with AMLOGIC platform....

Yes, full XBMC support for Amlogic/Android is under heavy development. The rest of the ARM chips (realtek, rockchip, exynos, krait, etc) and GPU's (most important is Mali) are behind for now. But development for those solutions happens on Android/Linux and together with the comming Frodo release (especially UPNP and updated Android apps that can use JSON to communicate with XBMC) will bring interesting and cheap solutions for media streaming. You don't necesarrelly need full XBMC on all clients....

it's not the mali gpu that is the problem - that chip isnt even responsible for the video decoding - it's the VPU chip that the problems lie with on these SoCs
(2012-11-29, 14:30)Vaevictus2 Wrote: it's not the mali gpu that is the problem - that chip isnt even responsible for the video decoding - it's the VPU chip that the problems lie with on these SoCs

Whatever the name is, we're talking Hardware Acceleration. Probably, with comming A15 Quad CPU (with NEON instruction), GPU decoding isn't even mandatory; FFMPEG MT will also do the job (maybe even close to 100% FOSS).
ULTRA COMPACT 1.7GHz QUAD-CORE BOARD
http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/p...5341370451

Now that is SEXY !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-X (Quad Core ARM A9 w/ Mali GPU)2