Need Help Please
I have downloaded XBMC Eden to my HTPC running windows 7. I am having issues adding video sources. I have 2 seperate video folders Im pulling from on my hard drive. Movies, Tv Shows. I can add the source for the movies but my tv shows are showing up in the movie section of XMBC,,,,,,,I have googled..till im going crazy....I have been dealing with this for 2 days and want to show my media off to the family...Thanx for any tutorioal or tip I can get with Eden......
Are you adding them as separate sources with separate content set?
(2012-07-14, 16:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you adding them as separate sources with separate content set?

Yes Im clicking on the "Video" tab and "add source" then I dig till I find my "Movie" folder. I then set a scraper and then name it "Movies". I do the same thing with my TV Shows folder. But when I get back to the Home Screen I click on the "Movie" tab and I have movies and Tv Shows all mixed in. I always use Ember Media to orginize my media and have never had an issue. XBMC is scraping my media wonderfuly but its just not putting them in the place they need to go.....Thanx for the reply

EDIT===== I forgot to mention that when I try to scrape my TV Shows I dont see "The TVDB" as an option for a scraper....so maybe Im doing something wrong BEFORE this pointHuh
(2012-07-14, 17:54)katpeeler Wrote: EDIT===== I forgot to mention that when I try to scrape my TV Shows I dont see "The TVDB" as an option for a scraper....so maybe Im doing something wrong BEFORE this pointHuh
That's your problem. You can install the TVDB scraper via: System > Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > All Add-ons > TV information > The TVDB.

(2012-07-14, 18:56)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 17:54)katpeeler Wrote: EDIT===== I forgot to mention that when I try to scrape my TV Shows I dont see "The TVDB" as an option for a scraper....so maybe Im doing something wrong BEFORE this pointHuh
That's your problem. You can install the TVDB scraper via: System > Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > All Add-ons > TV information > The TVDB.

I dont see "TV Information" folder or "The TVDB" for that matter.......
1. Settings
2. Add-ons
3. Get add-ons
4. XBMC.org Add-ons
5. TV information
6. The TVDB
7. Install

However, The TVDB should be included by default. I would try reinstalling XBMC v11 first.
(2012-07-16, 04:40)Ned Scott Wrote: 1. Settings
2. Add-ons
3. Get add-ons
4. XBMC.org Add-ons
5. TV information
6. The TVDB
7. Install

However, The TVDB should be included by default. I would try reinstalling XBMC v11 first.

Ill check this out when I get to my tv tonight. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times but cannot get this to work.
When I install it I leave EVERYTHING as default....Also my media is catagorized like this

C/Movies/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight MKV

C/TV Shows/Friends/S01e01

What, if anything, do you see listed under "TV information" add-ons when you select "Get Add-ons"?
Ok....I have uninstalled and reinstalled Eden. I see where the TVDB is enabled. I did not have to install, So before I go any further what is the best way to let it find my video sources??...I want to take small steps if you dont mind helping me.....Eden looks a little different than what XBMC looked like before.....I just dont want to mess up........I have over 1T of media to orginize and I believe the way I have it in my folder system is the best and I dont know why my movies and tv shows are all together...Thanx guys
Just follow the steps at Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thank you so much. This worked. I was not selecting what type of media I was using. When I scraped movies it worked but since the default was movies TVBD never showed up as an option..Now all my TV epeisodes/Seasons are in order and look great........I knew I was doing something wrong but just didnt know what..Thanx again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help Please0