Remote control xbmc from another xbmc install
I wanted to know if there was a way to remote control xbmc from another xbmc install. For example I use xbmc on one computer but when I select things they play on a different xbmc install on another computer.

I know there is a web end that does something similar however I much more like the navigation skins used in the actual xbmc application. As a result it would be better to literally use a second xbmc sharing the same library to control the other xbmc install remotely.

I assume it would be something like when you select an item it can play locally or have an option to play on another system on the network.
Nothing like that yet. Patches welcome if anyone wants to give it a shot. Maybe someone will do something like this by merging a little XBMC for Android with XBMC Android remote :) (and then bring it to the other platforms)
(2012-07-14, 16:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Nothing like that yet. Patches welcome if anyone wants to give it a shot. Maybe someone will do something like this by merging a little XBMC for Android with XBMC Android remote Smile (and then bring it to the other platforms)

I was just searching for exactly this! Too bad it doesn't exist but I would soooo love it.
I would like this feature too. I have a tablet mounted on one wall with xbmc used to play music to a multizone amp throughout the house. The tablet is not powerful enough to play HD movies from my collection nor is it in a good location to watch movies from. It would be great if I could select a movie from the tablets library and have it play that movie on my main xbmc system.

Cheers
The feature is coming. It almost made the cut off for v12 (Frodo), but various things still need to be done on it, so it will be there for v13. Basically you'll be able to control other instances of XBMC as well as other UPnP/DLNA players, including the ability to "Play to" another device/XBMC instance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control xbmc from another xbmc install0