Release TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers
Yes thats why I mentioned MusicBrainz, because the universal scraper uses that for the initial search.

You can always fix data on musicbrainz if there is an issue, or report the album on TADB if it needs to be re-imported.
Hi there! Is there a way to change the preferred language? I know I can do it with the universal scraper, but for some reason with some albums, I only can download information using this scraper.
Example: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls. With universal scraper no information founded. With audiodb scraper everything is fine.
@adriman

I have moved you to the correct thread.

As for your question, which site has multi-language entries for albums and artists?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-24, 04:02)Karellen Wrote: @adriman

I have moved you to the correct thread.

As for your question, which site has multi-language entries for albums and artists?

Thanks ( and sorry). I'm talking about thaudiodb.com. I would like to scrape album information in Spanish, but the addon doesn't have that option. The universal scraper addon let you choose a preferred language, but don't find as much information as this add-on, despite both of them looks in the same site
(2020-04-24, 09:40)adriman Wrote: I would like to scrape album information in Spanish,
Can you give me a link to a Spanish language page at TheAudioDB. I had no idea they catered for languages other than English.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-24, 09:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 09:40)adriman Wrote: I would like to scrape album information in Spanish,
Can you give me a link to a Spanish language page at TheAudioDB. I had no idea they catered for languages other than English.

Here is one:

https://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2111013?lan=ES

In this case can choose album description in English, Portugueses, Spanish and French
(2020-04-24, 10:12)adriman Wrote: Here is one:

https://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2111013?lan=ES

In this case can choose album description in English, Portugueses, Spanish and French
Thanks. I had no idea

Looks like there is no setting for preferred language in this scraper. Maybe @olympia knows why. I tried a Parsing NFO file, but that did not work as it still scraped the English version.

In the Universal Scraper, did you set all options to TheAudioDB?
My Signature
TADB has supported around 15 languages since its inception. I believe The universal scraper can utilise this but not this dedicated TheAudioDB scraper.

The reason this scraper finds more artists is because it uses the search API from TADB and not musicbrainz.

If @olympia or anyone else wanted to add multi language to this scraper then that would be awesome. Its just another json field in the standard artist and album data.

But I believe the new python scrapers are coming soon, and hopefully will also support the language options of TADB.
Thanks for the answers. Now I understand a little more how this add-on works. I'll stay tuned for next updates.
(2020-04-24, 12:05)docwra Wrote: The reason this scraper finds more artists is because it uses the search API from TADB and not musicbrainz.
Is this happening when an artist is available on TADB, but not on MB? I presume there shouldn't be a lot of cases like that, is there?
(2020-04-24, 03:05)adriman Wrote: Example: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls. With universal scraper no information founded. With audiodb scraper everything is fine.
can you please submit a log after trying to refresh with Universal Scraper?
(2020-04-24, 18:11)adriman Wrote: Thanks for the answers. Now I understand a little more how this add-on works. I'll stay tuned for next updates.

I think I have got the issue handled what causing the issue with Universal Album Scraper v3.1.3. Could you please try that one?
(2020-04-25, 09:26)olympia Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 12:05)docwra Wrote: The reason this scraper finds more artists is because it uses the search API from TADB and not musicbrainz.
Is this happening when an artist is available on TADB, but not on MB? I presume there shouldn't be a lot of cases like that, is there? 
Its probably because the MusicBrainz search is not always reliable or returns funky results. Not much we can do about that.
(2020-04-26, 22:08)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 09:26)olympia Wrote:
Its probably because the MusicBrainz search is not always reliable or returns funky results. Not much we can do about that. 

Actually Universal Album Scraper was completely broken due to a MB change. Should be fixed with v3.1.3.
(2020-04-27, 13:23)olympia Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 22:08)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 09:26)olympia Wrote: Is this happening when an artist is available on TADB, but not on MB? I presume there shouldn't be a lot of cases like that, is there?  

Actually Universal Album Scraper was completely broken due to a MB change. Should be fixed with v3.1.3. 

Great! out of interest what was the change?

The regex diff melts my brain Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers3