Release TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers
Looking far healther with v1.2.2, thanks @olympia.
I promise to stop breaking things now. Smile

One question, what has to happen (or when does it happen) for scraper updates to be available for downloading as addon updates from Kodi to work? It have been Git fetching from repo-scrapers and copying manually to my userdata/addons folder, which is fine, but wondering when general users will get the fixes?
Nothing extra should happen; add-ons should update automatically (or you can trigger the update manually from within Kodi by checking for updates) within 24 hours from being pushed to the repo. So folks should have recent changes already in.
Looking at the API logs, lots of people do use this scraper. Maybe they just didn't notice Wink
Can anybody confirm if they know of any issues with The Audio DB scraper?
I'm currently updating my entire music library to reflect correct info after allowing Google's Music app (Regretfully) to do the job for me some time ago.
So I'm generally adding a few artists at a time, cleaning everything up, then exporting the library to create NFO's for the artist and album before copying the updated files into my master library.
This process has been working fine for me, but lately I'm experiencing instances where the artist bio/album info is not being scraped although it exists on The Audio DB site and then have to manually copy this data onto the NFO files I create.
Secondly, I'm also getting instances where some artist bio/album info is getting scraped, but when I export the library, this data is not getting exported onto my NFO files. This again means I've been having to manually copy this data onto my NFO's files. As you can imagine, this way of working is slowing down my progress in updating my library quite significantly.
Lastly, can anybody tell me where Kodi gets the artist thumbnail image from? I've always worked on the basis that if you have a JPEG image named 'folder' in the artist folder, that is what Kodi will use? I currently have one problem artist (The Bangles), where my local JPEG image is not being used and appears to be using the artist image from The Audio DB site. Even after exporting the library, removing and reinstating the library KODI is just not wanting to use my local artist image.

Currently using Kodi 18 is that makes any difference.

Curious to know if anybody else has seen similar behaviour.

EDIT: Should have also mentioned the instances where everything works as expected, which is normally the case. So, seems to be the exception, rather than the rule. After many more attempts of loading my library, local artist thumbnail eventually appeared. Still have no idea why it didn't in the first instance......
@Dumyat

If @docwra has no suggestions for you, I will split your post off and move it to the Music sub-forum. The reason being your mention of v18 which is currently undergoing a redesign of the Music section.

It will help if you tell us which build of v18 you are using. It may also pay to head over to music and read the thread on Import/Export and the work being done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-02, 23:15)Karellen Wrote: @Dumyat

If @docwra has no suggestions for you, I will split your post off and move it to the Music sub-forum. The reason being your mention of v18 which is currently undergoing a redesign of the Music section.

It will help if you tell us which build of v18 you are using. It may also pay to head over to music and read the thread on Import/Export and the work being done.
Hi Karellen,
Thanks and no problem. I'm actually using the nightly build from the 8th October. I guess it might be prudent to update a newer version... Smile

Well, after thinking more on this, I think the problem might actually be skin related, as I'm certainly not seeing these same kind of issues when using the default Estuary skin based on my own observations. Obviously, I can't say for sure, but will continue to monitor, then maybe contact the author of the skin I'm using currently if the problem persists.

Btw, is the redesign of the Music section open to input/suggestions or has everything pretty much now been decided?
Quote:Btw, is the redesign of the Music section open to input/suggestions or has everything pretty much now been decided?
Yes it is still definitely open for input.

Read through here for the major changes being implemented, and comment if you have suggestions... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319284

There should also be a download link in the thread for the latest version so you can test and become familiar with the new functions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Scraper is working fine from looking at the backend.

I would suggest you test with a single album and the default Estuary skin, then work up from there. Debug logs will be helpful.

If you have tagged with MusicBrainz Id's then the universal scraper is probably more useful to you.

The only difference of this scraper and the universal scraper is that is uses TheAudioDB search algorithm rather than the MusicBrainz search.
@olympia Can you update the links to HTTPS?

Reference: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15265
Done
Is anybody experiencing problems finding information for Japanese artists even when they are present in TheAudioDB? The scrapper says that no artists where found.

Two examples:

Akira Yamaoka / 山岡晃 (https://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/116392)
カヒミ・カリィ / Kahimi Karie (https://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/122130)

You can see that in the first one the main name is romanised and the alternate artist name is written with original kanjis while the second one is the opposite.

Regards
Try checking you can find them on MusicBrainz as well using those strings.

I've not personally had any issues with Japanese text myself.
Akira Yamaoka appears as "Yamaoka, Akira" in MusicBrainz, doing a manual search with that exact string in Kodi doesn't return any result.

I'm using Kodi 18 (everything updated) in Linux but I always had the same issue with version 17.
@PixelGordo

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape those two artists.
My Signature
Well, it seems I was completely wrong. The AudioDB Artist Scrapper is working fine. I had activated Universal Artist Scrapper (which I assume relies on other scrappers to obtain the information) and that seems to be the problem. When directly using The AudioDB Artist Scrapper the information is obtained with no problem.

https://pastebin.com/ryv7ji02

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers3