Laptop Battery Monitor
Just installed XBMCbuntu on an old laptop and I'm very impressed. Just wondering how to install power managment stuff to run so that it shuts down (or hibernates) is the battery is becoming too low. As I'm booting straight into xbmc shell I don't think gnome utilities will work. The only way I can think is to run a script in the background every feww mins to check the battery level via cron.

Any more elegant ideas welcome.

Thanks
Martyn
Battery level should be visible in system settings. At least i can recall some code for it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I can see the battery level, but I don't think that the system will respond to a critical level by powering off in an orderly way.

Martyn
I am curious about this as well. I have two eee PCs (701 & 1000HA) which I load with media and use a mobile media players on airplane trips, etc.

The problem I have is not knowing when battery power is low without actively checking it.

Additionally, I'd like to figure out how to set it up to hibernate (or sleep) on lid close. Right now this causes XBMC/ XBMCbuntu to freeze.
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
Hi Martyn,

Did you find a solution to monitoring the laptop battery and to gracefully shutdown/hibernate the laptop when it gets to a critical level?
(2013-05-14, 19:35)idharris Wrote: Hi Martyn,

Did you find a solution to monitoring the laptop battery and to gracefully shutdown/hibernate the laptop when it gets to a critical level?

I have a same trouble. Any advice, everybody?
I just googled a bit, no idea if this will work.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid
XBMC can only show you the battery percentage when you ask for it, but it won't take any action; nor should it IMHO. It is the task of the OS to manage power.

If you are using Linux, I would recommend setting acpid up like Kibje said. If you use Windows or Mac OS X, it shouldn't be difficult to set up :-) .
Any news on this topic? Especially for libreelec?
Asking in a 7-year old is not the best approach on this forum.
Also, LibreELEC has its own forum for specific questions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptop Battery Monitor0