Tvheadend epg
Yeah that would good, the hardest part about fixing these kind of things is often re-creating them. Having a repeatable scenario just makes it all the more easier to find the problem.

For example, the last crash related issue (which was somewhat timing related) had me tearing my hair out for weeks and took a concerted effort on both mine and several other users part to put together enough evidence to get me started on the right path.

But we got there in the end Wink so I've no doubt I will get to the bottom of this one, just hope its not quite so painful Wink
It hasn't crashed at all tonight, even after trying.

Also I have no idea how to install it properly, do you think the epg grabber will be merged into a ppa soon?
It already is on my ppa (unless something changed again within the last couple of days).
http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ or https://launchpad.net/~pulse-eight/+archive/pulse
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Strange I used your install script from pulse eight and am running apt-get tvheadend but have no epg grabber tab just the old xmltv tab when I do that.

I must be doing something wrong, i'll try again.

Is the freesat ota grabber enabled as earlier in this thread?

Ta
My stuff is not merged into opdenkamp's ppa.

I wouldnt suggest it either at this stage. Things will hopefully ne changing soon fir tvh and there will be a better source for ppa (hopefully).

Adam
Okay, slightly confused :-)

Is there another way to get it to run on bootup?
S'alright I think Lars was too.

You can build a deb from git source and install that.

Build scripts have issues, but there should be some instructions on this thread or the other tvheadend one ive commented on.
(2012-07-21, 13:38)adamsutton Wrote: S'alright I think Lars was too.
indeed Smile

opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@Adam

should the freesat epg module be working for radio stations?
Thanks to SevenMachines at Ubuntuforums, the below let me create the deb and it seems to have installed and runs after a reboot just now, so not exactly fully tested but all seems good.

"This automatic method of assigning a version from git is failing leaving a blank version in the generated changelog, which causes the debuild to fail
Autobuild/debian.sh:
Code:
VER=`git describe | sed "s/\([0-9]*\)\.\([0-9]*\)-\([0-9]*\)-.*/\1.\2.\3/"`
Think the author or you would need to tag some new commits for the above to work. For the moment you could just change it to assign a version of somekind, VER=0.1
or something."

AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA= ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-xx
For the plus one channels with no epg is there a config that can pull / map the normal channel epg plus one hour to it?

Unfortunately not at this stage.

Though it is something that I do in my pyepg script (XMLTV like script I wrote). So it could definitely be included. Siick something on my github issues and I'll give it some thought. Though for the time being I can't promise anything. I need to spend some time on other stuff at the moment.
I live in the United States and I'm interested in getting OTA ATSC EPG data. The only option I've been able to find is the "donation version" of mc2xml, which receives ATSC and substation data through Microsoft's (newest) service. I think it's a little silly to have to send $20 to receive data that's transmitted OTA for free.

This thread talks about a fork of TVheadend that has a built-in ATSC_EPG grabber plugin. This fork has been working well, but the developer isn't active so I'd rather not install that fork.

Any chance of merging the ATSC_EPG grabber from that fork with TVheadend?
Why won't the regular version of mc2xml work? Regardless zap2xml may do what you want.
The regular version of mc2xml uses Microsoft's Legacy Service and that "data service might not fully support ATSC with subchannels for the North American market." So for my case I get three channels (1 main channel and 2 sub-channels), but there's no EPG data for this channel.

I'd prefer to get OTA data, since XMLTV grabs data from places that weren't really designed to supply it. It kind of "screen scrapes" - it looks at a web page containing TV information and tries to rip the text off it and convert it into an easy to use format. Things can go wrong with this ; if the website decides it's going to reformat its text, then it will cease to work properly or indeed at all. This is why XMLTV data can be somewhat inaccurate.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try zap2xml, xmltv, and WebGrab+Plus to see if I can get any EPG data at all. But a native OTA grabber for North America would be a really nice addition to Tvheadend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend epg0