• 5(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
Actually I found another album to import with the correct song title

http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2158388

Try now

In the future you can import albums yourself, just find the release-group ID on musicbrainz and add them to TheAudioDB.com
- Searchtrack API method has been improved so that shorter song names should work with mixes and extended names. So...

"I Love the Nightlife"

will now find this song as well as an exact match.

"I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)"

This should make for much better matching of music videos.
(2013-04-26, 08:30)phsyraxion Wrote: Out of 30 artists I only had 24 results in XBMC and it was not clear what it missed.

"Only 24"? LOL it is an awesome result compared to what we had a couple of months back for music videos...

Other than that, ndo files are supported by the theaudiodb.com music video scraper. You will need to include the link to the wanted track on theaudiodb.com.
I love this Scraper, and have really seen a huge progress getting my Music Videos to show up correctly. I have around 5,000 Music Videos, and currently around 2,600 have been Scraped with some data.

I have a few questions regarding this Scraper.

1. When viewing Music Videos by Artist, I noticed some Artists have Portraits, but most do not. What is the naming convention used for Artist artwork?

2. poster.jpg, cdart.jpg, fanart.jpg, etc, don't seem to work, when placed in the same folder as the Music Video. Is this the correct naming convention? Is the poster.jpg the correct name for the Album artwork?

3. The group "4 Non Blondes" does not get Scraped. I'm guessing this group is missing from the database, but I was able to get artwork from Fanart.tv.

I'm using Frodo 12.1 and the ACE skin if that makes a difference.
Is it possible to support Scene naming like this?

Blink_182-After_Midnight-DDC-720p-x264-2012-FRAY_INT
Ed_Sheeran-Drunk_(Rudimental_Remix)-x264-2012-FRAY

They would be in folders.
Ok here is my issues with the scraper. It is only for albums. Music Videos normally come off the back on singles. I have about 600 video I can not enter now. Also since it uses musicbrainz I need to create information there and then create it again in TheAudioDb. To me this seems a bit much. I'm from the island so I have many music videos that would never be on a DB to start with. I don't mind adding to DB's as I have done it over and over on TheTVdb. My issue is entering the data twice and then being stuck if that song is not on an album. Right now I have an issue were I can not get %0 Cent - My Life on my XBMC library because it's a single and the album has not been released.
I have Around 700 Music videos, but this scraper gets less than 400 of them. Its not that those unscraped files are from obscure artists, most of them are pretty well known. they are all named in the standard format. Help

EDIT: After posting when i read that this scraper's database isnt mature enough, that was embarrassing.
So yes add them to theaudiodb.com and everyone benefits Smile
I also have problems with artists with a "+" in the name listed at theaudiodb.com. I copy/paste the Artist - Track for all videos with a match directly from the text on their site, but XBMC won't recognize artists like C+C Music Factory, Mike+The Mechanics, etc. Any way to modify the code or rename the files to capture the "+" in artists names?
Somewhat related, is there a good renamer tool for Windows which does the required TheAudioDB.com format?
(2013-09-30, 02:37)DocG Wrote: Somewhat related, is there a good renamer tool for Windows which does the required TheAudioDB.com format?

Not sure about a renamer tool but this tool will download them in the correct naming format.

You may be surprised how easy it is Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116
(2013-10-01, 18:09)zag Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 02:37)DocG Wrote: Somewhat related, is there a good renamer tool for Windows which does the required TheAudioDB.com format?

Not sure about a renamer tool but this tool will download them in the correct naming format.

You may be surprised how easy it is Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116

I take it you were referring to the "[Windows] Music Video Downloader"? Unfortunately, didn't quite work for me. Undecided Thanks though!

Edit: Plus, it still wouldn't help for all your incorrectly named existing music videos.
2,562 Music Videos scraped in 3mins Big Grin

Not bad!!

flv, webm and mp4 formats all working!

I'm missing lots of artist artwork though, It looks like its only showing artwork for artists in my music library?
Is there a way to scape this track?

N*E*R*D - Lapdance.mpg : http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/32873024
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
I've added the youtube link, what's the problem?

Post a log to see what API url its using
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4