• 19(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
Yes I think nfo is the only way at the moment due to ACDC not actually being their name Wink

I am actually working on a way to hold illegal filenames at the moment, so there might be an update soon.
I tried using nfo files last night, but it didn't work. Obviously I did something wrong, but I am not sure what. That was the first time I tried using nfo files.
Since I have also had issues with many of the artists & titles in this thread's examples, I ended up creating nfo files for each... Thanks for all info & assistance on that =)

To cover what I have found in addition to what has been mentioned in the thread, here are some other character types the scraper isn't recognizing for me:
- Artist names with quotation marks: e.g. "Weird Al" Yankovic. As with AC/DC, theaudiodb does have an alternate name Weird Al Yankovic (without the special characters), but this doesn't make a difference in recognition.
- Artist names with a plus sign e.g. Mike + The Mechanics
- Song titles with a / in them e.g. Genesis - Home by the Sea / Second Home by the Sea or David Lee Roth - Just a Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody. Also, it appears the award winning video INXS - Need You Tonight / Mediate video isn't even listed that way in theaudiodb, so it will likely always require its own .nfo file.
-Song titles with a ? (e.g. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?)

I'll end with a question: Does anyone know how to specify the album art (thumbnails) for my music video entries that have .nfo files? Nothing currently shows. I tried the obvious option, which is creating a .jpg file with the exact same name as the video file, but no luck there. I have searched this thread (and others) and have also gone through all of the related Kodi wikis, but I cannot seem to find how exactly to get it to work. I would guess they would be referenced in a configuration file somewhere...

Thanks!
I figured out the answer to my question in the last post, which was to rename the file extension on the same-named thumbnails from .jpg to .tbn =)
(2017-05-10, 19:11)theholmboy Wrote: I figured out the answer to my question in the last post, which was to rename the file extension on the same-named thumbnails from .jpg to .tbn =)

Can you post an example ofthe nfo you used? I would like to get mine working properly. Can I use nfo files for some videos and theaudiodb scraping for the rest, or is it one or the other? If I can use both, how do I specify which items get locally scraped?
Is there any way this scraper can get base info from musicbrainz.org if it doesn't exist on theaudiodb.com?

It's such a process working through missing videos when most of them seem to come back to just not existing on theaudiodb...
I have a file called "Dan + Shay - When I Pray For You.mp4", which should resolve to this TheAudioDb track, which is this MusicBrainz recording.

But it just doesn't resolve. Any thoughts on why? Could it be the "+"? Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Yes I think musicbrainz uses a funny character for + if you look its different ascii character.

I will see what I can do to fix that on the database
That would be awesome! Thanks @docwra !
For some reason the two AC/DC videos that weren't showing up now show up.

On another note, does anyone know why some videos show up with just the name of the song, and other show up with Artist - Sing title? All the videos are Artist - Song Title.mp4, yet some display with the artist name and some don't. I would like it to be consistent and display Artist - Song Title.
I really like the scraper when it works, which for the most part it does. Yes, as has been pointed out that certain characters, whether in artist name or song titles, is an issue. I very rarely have had the same issue when scraping movies, but on the rare chance when it does happen I can search by IMDB’s number. For example “The Matrix (1999)” is tt0133093. TheAudioDB does assign a number for each song, now if only the scraper would allow you to manually search by that number.
Hello Crisom_Thull

Have a read through the wiki page on NFO files paying particular attention to para 2.2

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
I have used NFO files a long time ago, however I really try to keep my drives uncluttered. I like to use the IMDB number on the rare occasion that I am having an issue, and it works really well. Since I use the add-on Backup I am not really worried about loosing the data.
Excuse my ignorance here, but does this scraper show artist and album artwork? I am using it for the first time and I have artwork at music video level but not at artist or album levels. Is this correct behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
@Crisom_Thull

Quote: TheAudioDB does assign a number for each song, now if only the scraper would allow you to manually search by that number.
If you look up Parsing NFO in that link, you will be able to achieve what you are asking.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4