[Release] TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
docwra Offline
Fan
Yes I think nfo is the only way at the moment due to ACDC not actually being their name Wink

I am actually working on a way to hold illegal filenames at the moment, so there might be an update soon.

[Image: cook.png] Formally chef Zag
find quote
Ferkner Offline
I tried using nfo files last night, but it didn't work. Obviously I did something wrong, but I am not sure what. That was the first time I tried using nfo files.
find quote
theholmboy Offline
Since I have also had issues with many of the artists & titles in this thread's examples, I ended up creating nfo files for each... Thanks for all info & assistance on that =)

To cover what I have found in addition to what has been mentioned in the thread, here are some other character types the scraper isn't recognizing for me:
- Artist names with quotation marks: e.g. "Weird Al" Yankovic. As with AC/DC, theaudiodb does have an alternate name Weird Al Yankovic (without the special characters), but this doesn't make a difference in recognition.
- Artist names with a plus sign e.g. Mike + The Mechanics
- Song titles with a / in them e.g. Genesis - Home by the Sea / Second Home by the Sea or David Lee Roth - Just a Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody. Also, it appears the award winning video INXS - Need You Tonight / Mediate video isn't even listed that way in theaudiodb, so it will likely always require its own .nfo file.
-Song titles with a ? (e.g. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?)

I'll end with a question: Does anyone know how to specify the album art (thumbnails) for my music video entries that have .nfo files? Nothing currently shows. I tried the obvious option, which is creating a .jpg file with the exact same name as the video file, but no luck there. I have searched this thread (and others) and have also gone through all of the related Kodi wikis, but I cannot seem to find how exactly to get it to work. I would guess they would be referenced in a configuration file somewhere...

Thanks!
find quote
theholmboy Offline
I figured out the answer to my question in the last post, which was to rename the file extension on the same-named thumbnails from .jpg to .tbn =)
find quote
Ferkner Offline
(2017-05-10 19:11)theholmboy Wrote:  I figured out the answer to my question in the last post, which was to rename the file extension on the same-named thumbnails from .jpg to .tbn =)

Can you post an example ofthe nfo you used? I would like to get mine working properly. Can I use nfo files for some videos and theaudiodb scraping for the rest, or is it one or the other? If I can use both, how do I specify which items get locally scraped?
find quote
surfarcher Offline
Is there any way this scraper can get base info from musicbrainz.org if it doesn't exist on theaudiodb.com?

It's such a process working through missing videos when most of them seem to come back to just not existing on theaudiodb...
find quote
surfarcher Offline
I have a file called "Dan + Shay - When I Pray For You.mp4", which should resolve to this TheAudioDb track, which is this MusicBrainz recording.

But it just doesn't resolve. Any thoughts on why? Could it be the "+"? Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
find quote
docwra Offline
Fan
Yes I think musicbrainz uses a funny character for + if you look its different ascii character.

I will see what I can do to fix that on the database

[Image: cook.png] Formally chef Zag
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-07 10:00 by docwra.)
find quote
surfarcher Offline
That would be awesome! Thanks @docwra !
find quote
Ferkner Offline
For some reason the two AC/DC videos that weren't showing up now show up.

On another note, does anyone know why some videos show up with just the name of the song, and other show up with Artist - Sing title? All the videos are Artist - Song Title.mp4, yet some display with the artist name and some don't. I would like it to be consistent and display Artist - Song Title.
find quote