Switching digital audio to analog when playing movie
audiotoggledigital i have binded to key in keyboard.xml but this toggle only digital/analog output (digital -> HDMI -> analog). I need to change output device at the bottom of the settings screen. Only this take effect to changing audio from TV to Home Theater and conversely.
(2013-05-09, 15:29)Regss Wrote: audiotoggledigital i have binded to key in keyboard.xml but this toggle only digital/analog output (digital -> HDMI -> analog). I need to change output device at the bottom of the settings screen. Only this take effect to changing audio from TV to Home Theater and conversely.

Same here... except I need to switch through my HDMI (analog to TV) and S/PDIF cable (to receiver for 5.1)

And in addition, I need to change some selections such as DTS (on/off) and 2.0 to 5.1 when I toggle back and forth.
Music 
I very much need a way to toggle the audio output device for karaoke. You cannot use a mic on WASAPI due to xbmc using exclusive mode, but you can with DirectSound. I only have 2 options in my audio output device. A simple way to toggle between the 2 is all that's needed.
I used to use the dual-audio patch with Eden. I miss that!
Now, I'm running Gotham on Windows 7 and the best sollution I've found is to set up 2 profiles. I first set the Master User (renamed it to "Surround") profile using Optical, 5.1, Dolby and DTS enabled. Then I created a "Stereo" profile and set the audio to analog, 2.0, no Dolby/DTS. This is for my bedroom TV (or my front room TV late night). I use a Monoprice HDMI 1 in-2 out splitter.
To switch profiles quickly depends on your skin. In confluence I use the Quit button, log off, and then log in to the other profile.

this is the profile dialog in XBMC

You could also map a remote keypress to switch profiles to speed it up further.
LoadProfile(profilename) switch directly to the desired profile
Yes, I'm with thewarm. I've tried countless different ways to make a quick switch or use the eden patch and I ultimately settled with two different profiles as well. It seems to get past the wife/kids factor easily enough. When the log in, it asks them which profile (surround sound or TV sound). Depending on what they're going to watch, they choose one...
In Gotham, I can now select Audio Passthrough while a video is playing. This switches the audio on the fly. It would be nice if somebody could point out a way to make a keyboard shortcut to do this!
Right now I have to hit enter, go to the audio icon, enter, go down to enable passthrough, select. Then back out of the adjustment screens.... whew...

Any ideas please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching digital audio to analog when playing movie0