• 3(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-07-24, 00:32)lyme Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 22:24)ariesjer Wrote: Is the new app compatible to Arm6 processors?

Unfortunatly no due to lack of NEON (SIMD) in hardware.

Just like i imagine. Good luck with the new app.
Also looking to ditch my ATV2, hoping that a decent Android replacement will come sooner rather than later. Will all/most skins run on the Android or do they need to be tweaked/adapted, hoping to be able to finally run Nox or Cirrus Vintage
(2012-07-24, 21:53)homerjs Wrote: Also looking to ditch my ATV2, hoping that a decent Android replacement will come sooner rather than later. Will all/most skins run on the Android or do they need to be tweaked/adapted, hoping to be able to finally run Nox or Cirrus Vintage

No adaption needed. Only thing that matters is enough CPU power. Same as for the ATV2
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Does it run Crysis?

oh sorry, wrong forum Tongue
(2012-07-24, 21:55)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 21:53)homerjs Wrote: Also looking to ditch my ATV2, hoping that a decent Android replacement will come sooner rather than later. Will all/most skins run on the Android or do they need to be tweaked/adapted, hoping to be able to finally run Nox or Cirrus Vintage

No adaption needed. Only thing that matters is enough CPU power. Same as for the ATV2

Why does only CPU power matter for smooth GUI? Are the mobile GPUs already Powerful enough and only limited by CPU?
@CK1one, something has to a) read pretty image from disk, b) decompress it, c) upload as texture and then GPU takes over. Rinse/repeat for each and every image you see in the GUI.

I have tried one of the apk's floating around on my RK3066 Cortex-A9, 1GB, 32GB, 10.1" tablet. It's really impressive! I've added items to the library and connected to my TV using the HDMI. The only issue I found was a problem when playing XVID files (have tested them in other players) however since this is still in development it doesn't really matter Smile Great work and thank you.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

@Piers, which tablet is that exactly? Cube U30GT?

Thanks.
(2012-07-25, 20:55)atv2jber Wrote: @Piers, which tablet is that exactly? Cube U30GT?

Thanks.

It's the U30GTs brother, the Yuandao N101.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

@davilla,

Do you know if there are any tablets that work with the amlplayer? I'm looking for an in-car media solution that would use 2 Andriod tablets with XBMC (for the kids) and be controlled by XBMC Remote by a grown up. I'm currently looking at doing it with iPad 2s but everyday I'm moving more and more towards Android based products.

Thanks.
@atv2jber, I think there are some that use the amlogic m1 chipset. Seem to remember coming across them long ago.
i have a problem with a non touch device.

its the MK802 Android 4.0 USB stick. XBMC runs well, but since there is no screen to touch i have to hook a mouse into the thing. and i can't do anything at all. i refuses to register any interaction with the mouse, as the only app i have ever encountered.

in my logic it should really not matter if it is a finger on a touch screen or a mouse click, since thats a part of the system and not realy XBMC specific. on my Samsung Galaxy Note it works just fine. all interaction works flawless so far, so the only difference i can pinpoint is that i am using the mouse to interact and not a touchscreen
(2012-07-26, 20:07)Krankdroid Wrote: i have a problem with a non touch device.

its the MK802 Android 4.0 USB stick. XBMC runs well, but since there is no screen to touch i have to hook a mouse into the thing. and i can't do anything at all. i refuses to register any interaction with the mouse, as the only app i have ever encountered.

in my logic it should really not matter if it is a finger on a touch screen or a mouse click, since thats a part of the system and not realy XBMC specific. on my Samsung Galaxy Note it works just fine. all interaction works flawless so far, so the only difference i can pinpoint is that i am using the mouse to interact and not a touchscreen

Maybe because it isn't finished yet and not all is worked out?
Also who knows where you got that apk since there isn't an official nightly build yet. Maybe it is already fix.
(2012-07-26, 20:55)Martijn Wrote:

Also who knows where you got that apk since there isn't an official nightly build yet. Maybe it is already fix.

could you not put up a nightly build for us that want to see/test it?
ok so im no dev but im more then capable of testing and posting logs IF any bugs are found, and if you dont want any more logs/testers thats still cool as id like to see it and how it progresses
and please dont tell me to go find it off google as i have no intention of installing something on my phone that i have no idea where it came from OR what someone else may have added

many thanks

paul
(2012-07-26, 21:24)chunk1982 Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 20:55)Martijn Wrote:

could you not put up a nightly build for us that want to see/test it?
ok so im no dev but im more then capable of testing and posting logs IF any bugs are found, and if you dont want any more logs/testers thats still cool as id like to see it and how it progresses

many thanks

paul

Once the time is ripe to release there will be one and it will be announced so every one knows.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2