• 5(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
I fired it up on my $100 touchpad and it works great with SD material off of smb with the Touched skin.

Too bad no HD yet (no hardware acceleration) and bluecop's plugins didn't work. Also multitouch doesn't seem to work as I could not get two finger tap to work for the context menu. I had to use the xbmc remote app from my phone (only really needed it when populating the library)

"The Trailers" addon works great for streaming apple trailers though (480p). HGTV addon also works :-P (my wife's favorite)

Thanks guys, this is looking great
(2012-07-30, 14:22)aptalca Wrote: Also multitouch doesn't seem to work as I could not get two finger tap to work for the context menu. I had to use the xbmc remote app from my phone (only really needed it when populating the library)

What version/build are you running?
The initial implementation contains double-finger-tap (or somehow managing to get an item focused and pressing the MENU key) to get the context menu working but the implementation was quite buggy (and I only tested it on my SGS2). What should work is if you press one finger down on the item you want the context menu for and keep it pressed down and then press another finger down somewhere else on the screen and then release both fingers without moving them over the screen.

A week ago I implemented a better and cleaner touch handling and changed from double-finger-tap to single-long-press (which wasn't available previously) to get to the context menu. Single-long-press will also close the context menu (when done in the area around the context menu). But again I was only able to test this on my SGS2 but I've heard from some people that it also works on other devices.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just to info im using xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20120726.apk which is the newest build I have found. So if anyone know of a newer build then please let me know as im very interested in trying new build on both my A510 tablet and SGS 2 mobile.
(2012-07-30, 15:40)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 14:22)aptalca Wrote: Also multitouch doesn't seem to work as I could not get two finger tap to work for the context menu. I had to use the xbmc remote app from my phone (only really needed it when populating the library)

What version/build are you running?
The initial implementation contains double-finger-tap (or somehow managing to get an item focused and pressing the MENU key) to get the context menu working but the implementation was quite buggy (and I only tested it on my SGS2). What should work is if you press one finger down on the item you want the context menu for and keep it pressed down and then press another finger down somewhere else on the screen and then release both fingers without moving them over the screen.

A week ago I implemented a better and cleaner touch handling and changed from double-finger-tap to single-long-press (which wasn't available previously) to get to the context menu. Single-long-press will also close the context menu (when done in the area around the context menu). But again I was only able to test this on my SGS2 but I've heard from some people that it also works on other devices.

I am using a build from July 26th (Git:20120726-692e445) I got the apk from miniand forums: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136

I tried two finger tap, single tap hold, and the method you described with one finger down, and another on another part of the screen and release both at the same time. None of it worked. I am using the hp touchpad, so there is no menu button. I am able to get an item highlighted if I tap, hold, slide slightly and let go. But without the menu button that doesn't work. So I have to use the xbmc remote on my phone for the info and context buttons (not that I need them much)

Oh and by the way, I spoke too soon about bluecop's addons. Even though amazon and hulu addons don't seem to work, some of the feeds in free cable actually work (such as ABC)
Hi Guys

From some of the threads I’ve been following it seems the greatest challenge right now is to get hardware acceleration working across an eclectic variation of hardware platforms? There’s a remarkable app called BSPlayer that I’ve been using for ages to stream video from SMB shares to my Galaxy S2. The author re-built his own hardware engine and it’s the best streaming player that I’ve seen (I’ve tried all of them). Since it’s free, perhaps the author could be enticed to assist with the XBMC efforts? Lessons learned and all that.

Regards
~DQ

- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung HDMI TV-out adapter
- Logitech DiNovo Mini BT keyboard
- SMB shares from a Win7 PC.
(2012-07-31, 02:23)aptalca Wrote: I am using a build from July 26th (Git:20120726-692e445) I got the apk from miniand forums: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136
I haven't tried the APK itself but my touch changes were committed on July 23rd so they should be part of that build.

(2012-07-31, 02:23)aptalca Wrote: I tried two finger tap, single tap hold, and the method you described with one finger down, and another on another part of the screen and release both at the same time. None of it worked. I am using the hp touchpad, so there is no menu button. I am able to get an item highlighted if I tap, hold, slide slightly and let go. But without the menu button that doesn't work. So I have to use the xbmc remote on my phone for the info and context buttons (not that I need them much)

Can you get me an XBMC log of you trying to do the double tap and the long press (single and double)? Even better would be the output of "adb logcat". To give an example in the XBMC log a single tap e.g. looks like this
Code:
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: CTouchInput: TouchEventDown
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: OnSingleTouchStart
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: CTimer: starting for 1000 ms
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: CTouchInput: TouchEventUp
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: CTimer: stopping
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: OnSingleTouchEnd
08:14:04 T:2666712   DEBUG: OnSingleTap
08:14:04 T:22217352   DEBUG: CTimer: finished
08:14:04 T:15018488   DEBUG: : trying mouse action leftclick
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-07-30, 16:26)statica Wrote: Just to info im using xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20120726.apk which is the newest build I have found. So if anyone know of a newer build then please let me know as im very interested in trying new build on both my A510 tablet and SGS 2 mobile.

Pivos are working with XBMC devs to bring a optimised version to the XIOS DS - swing over to the pivosforums - they have a sneak peak version and just today a new Alpha version compiled yesterday.
(2012-07-31, 12:44)sipart Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 16:26)statica Wrote: Just to info im using xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20120726.apk which is the newest build I have found. So if anyone know of a newer build then please let me know as im very interested in trying new build on both my A510 tablet and SGS 2 mobile.

Pivos are working with XBMC devs to bring a optimised version to the XIOS DS - swing over to the pivosforums - they have a sneak peak version and just today a new Alpha version compiled yesterday.

Thanks for the info! Im getting the Alpha right now so it is time to test it shortly. Thanks for the info.

Well neither of the 2 versions from the XIOS forum works on either my tablet or my phone. When I try to start playback of a video it just thinks for a few seconds and then closes XBMC. That is on both SGS 2 mobile and Acer A510 tablet. I tried the Alpha version and the 0727 version and both did the same thing on both my devices. So the best version I have so far is the one I have that is build 0726 which is laggy with 1080p but it works on both my devices which the 2 versions I just tested did not.

Hope others get to test on similar hardware so we can see if its a general problem.
(2012-07-31, 13:47)statica Wrote: Well neither of the 2 versions from the XIOS forum works on either my tablet or my phone. When I try to start playback of a video it just thinks for a few seconds and then closes XBMC. That is on both SGS 2 mobile and Acer A510 tablet. I tried the Alpha version and the 0727 version and both did the same thing on both my devices. So the best version I have so far is the one I have that is build 0726 which is laggy with 1080p but it works on both my devices which the 2 versions I just tested did not.

Hope others get to test on similar hardware so we can see if its a general problem.

What part of "There is no (generic) hardware acceleration => only SD content works properly" is difficult to understand that people still try playing 1080p videos and complain about it being laggy? I have an SGS2 as well and it plays SD content just fine (haven't tried 720p) but 1080p is a no-go until there is hardware acceleration available.

I haven't tried myself but my guess is that the builds on the XIOS forum are specific to the XIOS hardware (at least when it comes to video/audio playback) so don't expect those APKs to work on any other hardware.
I tried both xvid and 720p media at first and it closed XBMC on both my devices. I dont try 1080p right of the bat so I didnt even get to 1080p as it crased on xvid and 720p mkv and even on mp4 trailers from Cinetrailer.

EDIT: Im running the build from Miniand Tech until further news. I know I cant expect XBMC compiled for XIOS to work on other hardware so for now I will stick to the Miniand build I have Smile
@statica - The Xios build can be used on non aml devices but you need to select DVDplayer instead of the default amlplayer. To do this get the contextual menu up on the file you want to play and select 'Play Using' and the pick the DVDPlayer.

I have noticed that when switching between the xios and other builds I have to uninstall xbmc as i wont let me install over it which is giving me a bit of grief with regards to importing the library again.
If i'd like to default play everything using the DVDplayer could I just change the file playercorefactory.xml? into:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule player="dvdplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
The Alpha release from PIVOS works fine with mele a2000
(2012-07-31, 14:21)retro11 Wrote: @statica - The Xios build can be used on non aml devices but you need to select DVDplayer instead of the default amlplayer. To do this get the contextual menu up on the file you want to play and select 'Play Using' and the pick the DVDPlayer.

I have noticed that when switching between the xios and other builds I have to uninstall xbmc as i wont let me install over it which is giving me a bit of grief with regards to importing the library again.

I dont have a choice of DVDplayer on my devices. I can only click the files in XBMC and in normal Android mode I can select several players for default but none of them are called DVDplayer.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2