Own background "inside" custom home entry?
Hi, I have (Win7+Eden) custom categories in Transparency skin (w this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678):
MOVIES, MOVIES CZ, ANIME SERIES, FAIRY-TALES etc. and each has its own background in main menu.
But when I go to the any custom section, basic background is always "popcorn" background from basic video section (with arrow back or two dots cursor).
As displayed item, so has the proper background (his own fanart from web).
How is it possible to have a different "basic" background for each custom entry?
THX very much (srry about my English).
I'm having the same issue, still looking for a solution
I think this has been reported in the past as a bug, I'm running an SVN version of T! and the fix is in... The behaviour of T! SVN is 'custom' home additions with associated fanart background... On selection I'm taken directly to the favourite choices with their associated fanart not the 'popcorn' favourite folder backdrop. There has been some discussion of this issue... I'm a tad forgetful of what the fix was... (might be because I'm suing the latest SVN version of T!) There was a bug fix back when... From Ronie
Quote:i've changed the way how the skin interacts with the favourites script. this should fix those issues you'll have to map your favourites to the sub menus again though. .

My suggestion is to make sure your favourite list takes you directly to the target and it's graphic backgrounds, then re-do the skin link (if the latest patch to T! is in V4.0.5 then you'll be good) otherwise you might have to move to the SVN version

looking at the favourites file C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata I find.... these two listings for my Woody Allen and Alfred Hitchcock buttons.

<favourite name="Woody Allen">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists\video\Woody Allen.xsp&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Alfred Hitchcock">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists\video\Alfred Hitchcock.xsp&quotWink</favourite>

And the associated listing int the C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml and shows up in the skin menu path...

<setting type="string" name="skin.transparency.Menu_TVShows_Sub_Custom8.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists\video\Woody Allen.xsp&quot;,return)</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.transparency.Menu_Movies_Sub_Custom7_Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists\video\Alfred Hitchcock.xsp&quot;,return)</setting>

So a comparison of what you have and what I've listed should bring about the eureka moment.

Sorry the answer is a bit laborious... it's hot.

(2012-07-15, 16:46)aki.lee Wrote: Hi, I have (Win7+Eden) custom categories in Transparency skin (w this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678):
MOVIES, MOVIES CZ, ANIME SERIES, FAIRY-TALES etc. and each has its own background in main menu.
But when I go to the any custom section, basic background is always "popcorn" background from basic video section (with arrow back or two dots cursor).
As displayed item, so has the proper background (his own fanart from web).
How is it possible to have a different "basic" background for each custom entry?
THX very much (srry about my English).

it's not possible to add your own backgrounds for custom sections.
only the default categories (movies, tv shows, music-videos, etc..) can be customized.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Own background "inside" custom home entry?0