Nightly knackered
Hi, not sur if you welcome issues with nightlies, but thought I would give one a go and it basically does not work.

No sound would be the main issue, but scrolling around is really sluggish and it takes an exceptionally long time to load.

http://pastebin.com/cH1uEVAQ
Also, for the last days the nightlies are causing XBMC not to be able to shut down correctly. And, and CD art is not displayed correctly.

/Bo
I think the missing CDArt has to do with the move/migration to the new Music DB. the 20 is OK, but I am having problems with the 27.

When the shutdown stopped working, I haven't figured out.

/Bo
(2012-07-16, 19:32)garyi Wrote: Hi, not sur if you welcome issues with nightlies, but thought I would give one a go and it basically does not work.

No sound would be the main issue, but scrolling around is really sluggish and it takes an exceptionally long time to load.

http://pastebin.com/cH1uEVAQ

Verify that you have a valid speaker setup in Audio Midi Setup tool from osx.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes.

Its set digital audio out, which goes to a yamy amp and has worked perfectly for a number of years and xbmc itterations
I mean speaker setup. 2.0 5.1 something like that. Its a need with the new audio engine that this setting is configured right in OSX itself.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Oh I see.

Does this have implications for music then? Obviously i don't want two channel audio screwed up to 5.1, which if i have set in osx would seem to imply thats what i have to look forward too.

Will this have implications for other audio in osx?
Don't know with other audio - but XBMC won't upmix your 2.0 to 5.1 - at least if that special option is not set (Output stereo to all speakers).
Well. I downloaded the latest which says master which as I understand it means you guys are nearly happy which is great.

But the sound is totally knackered.

Sorry Memphiz but I looked all around the Audio/Midi set up of OSX I am not allowed to choose 5.1, only output as stereo is available with 5.1 being greyed out. I am outputting from the digital audio output. I have set audio midi to output to stero as the option.

When I start a movie from a fresh restart of XBMC which is 5.1 it plays perfectly. However when I stop it all sound from XBMC is gone. PLaying anything else is hit or miss if you will get sound.

PLaying files which are not 5.1 makes the movie unwatchable it stutters with half second stops throughout. No doubt tied in someway to the audio issue, whole system is now unresponsive.

Rolling back to eden again. This time I even dumped my folder and did a totally clean install. In short for me the audio is knackered.

I have put my log on sugarsync as its a bit large for pastebin

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7473024_67623870_891085
Its called master because our mainline branch is called master. It has nothing to do with where we are in the release cycle. Its always called master.

I have updated one of my dev boxes to mountain lion today. I had also an issue where i hadn't any gui sound anymore after watching a DTS movie. With ML this is working now. Other users report also fixed bugs according to CoreAudio in new Mountain Lion.

This is just FYI.
Thats great, I am still running on 10.6.8 at the moment but will happily upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly knackered0