• 162(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi,

I am new to MediaElch.

I have entered my credentials for Kodi's webserver into MediaElch's settings (Host: 127.0.0.1, Port: 8080, User, Password), but reload doesn't load anything. When I klick on "reload all movies", a window pops up for a split second saying "loading movies", but nothing is loaded. I am running the "Chorus 2" webserver, but have also tried Arch, both the same. Both webservers show up on firefox correctly.

What am I doing wrong?
(2020-03-09, 11:51)ai5g Wrote: Hi,

I am new to MediaElch.

I have entered my credentials for Kodi's webserver into MediaElch's settings (Host: 127.0.0.1, Port: 8080, User, Password), but reload doesn't load anything. When I klick on "reload all movies", a window pops up for a split second saying "loading movies", but nothing is loaded. I am running the "Chorus 2" webserver, but have also tried Arch, both the same. Both webservers show up on firefox correctly.

What am I doing wrong?
The two things have nothing to do with each other.
The settings for Kodi is just for the stuff under 'Synchronize to Kodi' and for getting any results when hitting 'Reload all Movies' you first have to add your movies directory under Settings-Global-Add.
Hi, i really love this program, but i have problems now. I try to download the information of movies, but just download poster and fanart. Logo art, disc, banner doesnt download. The fanart.tv scraper doesnt work, he say conection rejected. I create a account on fanart.tv and add the apikey but nothing work.
I have the last version of mediaelch
(2020-03-21, 04:31)kinesico Wrote: Hi, i really love this program, but i have problems now. I try to download the information of movies, but just download poster and fanart. Logo art, disc, banner doesnt download. The fanart.tv scraper doesnt work, he say conection rejected. I create a account on fanart.tv and add the apikey but nothing work.
I have the last version of mediaelch

The fanart.tv api typically stops working properly when there are too many people accessing it and right now that is probably because of the Corona virus so I wouldn't expect this to go away anytime soon.
(2020-03-21, 11:08)hewwra Wrote: The fanart.tv api typically stops working properly when there are too many people accessing it and right now that is probably because of the Corona virus so I wouldn't expect this to go away anytime soon.

Just noticed the same. fanart.tv is under such heavy load that accessing a single image in Firefox or Chrome takes more than 10 seconds and isn't even loaded properly.
Thanks to that I also found another bug in MediaElch where it tries to download an element forever (instead of aborting after 3 tries). Will fix it soon.
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
MediaElch v2.6.6

The next stable version 2.6.6 is here!

Blog Post: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-bl...ch-v2.6.6/
Documentation: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html

What's new?
Two months since the last stable release, this one is a *huge* bugfix release.

Better Actor Images from IMDb
Due to a change on IMDB's site, images of actors only had a resolution of 32×44px. The scraper now loads each actor's IMDb page and scrapes the image in high resolution of about 600×1000px. This also means that it will take longer to scrape a movie with actors from IMDb.

More languages for TMDb
The dropdown menu for TMDb when scraping movies now lists *a lot* more languages than previous versions. We updated the list to match the list of officially supported languages by TMDb. Language codes have not yet been translated to other languages than English and German. If you want to help and translate MediaElch into other languages, have a look at our documentation.

Fixes for Windows
Version 2.6.0 had many internal changes but also introduced many Windows related issues. That happened because MediaElch sometimes used "normalized" paths with forward slashes ("/") and sometimes backslashes ("\\") as they are used on Windows. This lead to many bugs, for example that the TV show section *always* reloaded *all* TV shows from disk or that concerts were not scanned. We also updated Qt to version 5.14.2 which fixed some Drag & Drop issues. Qt is the user interface framework that MediaElch builds upon.

Internal Changes
This version has only few internal changes. We focused on fixing existing bugs and wanted to avoid new ones that could be introduced by huge internal changes which are planned for the next versions.

What's next?
We will continue to improve MediaElch. The TV and movie scrapers will be refactored and decoupled from the UI to make it possible to introduce a command line interface for MediaElch in the future. Also, a often requested feature is a new TV show scraper like TMDb since users reported that TheTvDb has been unreliable in the past two months.

Where can I download MediaElch?
Stable releases can be downloaded from https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html

For Linux distributions we provide repositories for Ubuntu (.deb) and openSUSE (.rpm).
For Windows we also provide a Chocolatey package.
Both will be published in the next few days.

Where can I get help?
For general question use Kodi forums, e.g.

- [English] https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333 (this thread)
- [German] https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre.../?pageNo=1

If you find a bug, please open an issue on https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues

Changelog
Check out the full changelog at https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...notes.html
Ubuntu and openSUSE repositories now contain the latest stable version 2.6.6. :-)
Thanks bugwelle for all your work on MediaElch

I have raised this before, but is there anyway I can revert MediaElch so that it displays posters from all languages instead of just the selected language and English?

I know it was doing this at one point, is there something I can tinker with to make it do it again, it was an extremely useful feature for me.

Thanks
(2020-05-05, 00:24)Tstrbl Wrote: I have raised this before, but is there anyway I can revert MediaElch so that it displays posters from all languages instead of just the selected language and English?

Not yet, as far as I know. There is an open GitHub issue that may be exactly what you want: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/904
Hi guys,

I'm a new user of the program so maybe I'm doing something wrong...

All my music is 100% properly tagged and my music folder structure is

Artist
--Artist-Album-Year
---*.mp3

Artists are getting picked up correctly but there seems to be a problem with albums 
The program doesn't seem to be picking up albums from tags and it searching for the folder name (therefor not returning any results).

i.e. My folder is named "Adele-19-2008" and when I attempt to scrape, it searches the database for that folder name instead of the album name.

How can I make it search for the actual album name automatically instead of manually typing in each album?
I have tried all three scraper website options in the settings.

edit: I just noticed that if i force download the cdart/cover the search works properly and it searches fanart.tv for "adele 21 2008" (with spaces) and I get results

Thanks
I've got several HD remuxes in my collection with aspect ratios that are not 16x9. I've set crop flags for these MKVs but MediaElch doesn't read the crop flags when calculating the aspect ratio. Can this be corrected?
(2020-05-26, 17:02)mhendu Wrote: I've got several HD remuxes in my collection with aspect ratios that are not 16x9. I've set crop flags for these MKVs but MediaElch doesn't read the crop flags when calculating the aspect ratio. Can this be corrected?

Sorry for the late answer. What exactly do you mean by "crop flags"? :-)
Hi everyone,

just wanted to give a quick status update. I currently have very limited time for MediaElch development due to exams at my University.
Due to that, I won't be able to publish a new MediaElch release before August.

But during the last two months I rewrote the whole TV scraper feature of MediaElch. The next version will support TMDb as well.
This isn't included in MediaElch, yet, because I still have to test a few things as well as fix the Custom TV Scraper so that TMDb can be used as well.

For those who want to have a look at the current state + screenshots of my changes, please see: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/972​ :-)

Kind Regards,
Andre
(2020-07-05, 14:51)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 17:02)mhendu Wrote: I've got several HD remuxes in my collection with aspect ratios that are not 16x9. I've set crop flags for these MKVs but MediaElch doesn't read the crop flags when calculating the aspect ratio. Can this be corrected?

Sorry for the late answer. What exactly do you mean by "crop flags"? :-)
These are tags you can set for an MKV file to tell a player to crop by a certain amount from left, right, top or bottom. I use this to indicate the actual video dimensions of a letterboxed or pillarboxed video so that I can have Kodi use the actual image aspect ratio to determine if it should zoom in to the image on a 2.4:1 projector screen.
(2020-07-05, 17:31)mhendu Wrote: These are tags you can set for an MKV file to tell a player to crop by a certain amount from left, right, top or bottom. I use this to indicate the actual video dimensions of a letterboxed or pillarboxed video so that I can have Kodi use the actual image aspect ratio to determine if it should zoom in to the image on a 2.4:1 projector screen.

Ah, thanks! MediaElch does not look for those tags, yet. I have opened a feature request on our GitHub page to keep track of it: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/998
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9