• 181(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
MediaElch v2.8.16 - Coridian

The next stable version 2.8.16 is here!

Blog Post: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-bl...h-v2.8.16/
Documentation: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html

What's new?
I've fixed a crash in the "Movies" section as well as a few other bug fixes.
Also a UI glitch has been fixed.

Please refer to the blog post for more details. :-)

Where can I download MediaElch?
Stable releases can be downloaded from https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html
We have a download-mirror on https://mediaelch-downloads.ameyering.de...s/v2.8.16/
This is my own server. So please be patient if the server is not reachable. :-)

For Linux distributions we provide repositories for Ubuntu (.deb) and openSUSE (.rpm).
For Windows we also provide a Chocolatey package.
The repositories will take a few days to get the latest version.

Where can I get help?
For general question use Kodi forums, e.g.

- [English] https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333 (this thread)
- [German] https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre.../?pageNo=1

If you find a bug, please open an issue on https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues

Changelog
Check out the full changelog at https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...notes.html
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
First of all, thanks for this excellent tool.  I've been very happy with using it to organize my music video collection since I knew it was possible to do so.

That said I have a couple of issues\questions.

Is it possible to mass edit things?  For instance I'd like to switch the genres from dance-pop to Dance Pop.  Is there an easier way to do this other than manually dragging through file after file to locate and then manually renaming the genres? Once you go over a thousand songs fixing a mistake like this gets to be harder and harder.

Can I mass change a tag I've added to the NFOs?  I'd like to alter a tag I created, because I misremembered the name of the thing I was tagging.  I meant to put down 'edPLAY' and instead remembered it as 'edTV' which it turns out is an educational channel on YouTube not the classic rock channel that I was intending to tag.

Finally there appears to be a bug? If I save an album cover and it is a PNG image the application will save it as a JPG extension without converting it.  This is causing some issues because things are complaining that the file is incorrect--which it is--because it is a PNG being saved with a JPG extension.  I am currently trying to avoid PNGs when I find them and opt for JPGs instead but there are probably thousands of *-poster.jpg that are incorrect as a result of this issue and I really don't know a quick and fast way to fix it.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Am on Ubuntu-Mate 20.04.4 LTS  on my Laptop and LibreELEC on the TV.  Am using the AppImage version of the app.  Speaking of which-- is there a good way to change the default font in the AppImage?  Thanks again.
@bugwelle - I always seem to forget to mention this to you, but when MediaElch scans info for an album, if the allmusicid is written to the NFO file, Kodi will not scan the information into the DB. I've noticed that all the way back to MediaElch_win_2.8.2_2020-12-20_git-8ee88442, but may have been before that as well. It would be cool if we had the option to turn it off in the settings.

Regards, and thank you for this awesome program.

Shedrock
@bornagainpenguin 

A couple programs I find useful are; First,  Notepad++ which can batch edit .nfo files making it really easy to change the contents of an already existing tag in nfo files. Second one is Bulk Rename Utility which you can use to change the extension from .jpg to .png on mass. I'm running Windows but I think there are Linux and Mac version of them as well.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

(2022-03-20, 01:00)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @bornagainpenguin 

A couple programs I find useful are; First,  Notepad++ which can batch edit .nfo files making it really easy to change the contents of an already existing tag in nfo files. Second one is Bulk Rename Utility which you can use to change the extension from .jpg to .png on mass. I'm running Windows but I think there are Linux and Mac version of them as well.
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I run Linux and while the application Notepad++ can be used via Wine I do not know how well the integration with my system would be for something like this.  There does not seem to be a native version for Linux and some articles I found suggest the developer is actively against the idea of having their app run on Linux for some unknown reason.  I will still look into it but I do not know how confident I am it will work well.

The image situation I plan to resolve using the terminal and a command that will automatically detect the format of the image and convert it as needed so that everything will be JPG for the album covers as the MediaElch seems to require.

That was me reporting what I think may be a bug.  I do not know why the application would take one image format, seemingly accepting it for use only to save that image format as another extension without actually changing the image to it.  It would seem to me (a non-programmer) that MediaElch should either not take PNGs for this particular use in Album\Posters and only show JPG or the application should actually convert the image to the other format, which is JPG if it is the format that needs to be used.
(2022-03-16, 17:22)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Finally there appears to be a bug? If I save an album cover and it is a PNG image the application will save it as a JPG extension without converting it. 

Oh... I remember there being a bug like this. Thank you for reporting this (reminding me). As I don't use the "Music" section for my setup, I never got to update it. I don't know why the original author wrote it this way. If you go to "Settings -> Music", you will see that the filename for "Album Cover" is hard-coded to "folder.jpg". It may be that an ancient Kodi version required it. Don't know.
Whatever the case: If you have only one file-format for all files, you can change it there.

Regarding Notepad: You can use any text editor you like. I personally use Sublime Text but something like Kate or other editors will work as well. You can Search&Replace in a folder, that may work.
MediaElch does not have a bulk-editor function, yet.

Regards,
Andre
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
I'm glad I was able to remind you of it.  Just heard about this project here.  How would you use it to do this search and replace?

I've never really heard of being able to use a text editor in this way before so I'm really not sure how to go about it.  Once you get to 2,968 music videos (and still organizing and adding more) it gets harder and harder to manually scroll through to find things like incorrectly named tags.
(2022-04-15, 18:47)bornagainpenguin Wrote: I'm glad I was able to remind you of it.  Just heard about this project here.  How would you use it to do this search and replace?

I've never really heard of being able to use a text editor in this way before so I'm really not sure how to go about it.  Once you get to 2,968 music videos (and still organizing and adding more) it gets harder and harder to manually scroll through to find things like incorrectly named tags.
@bornagainpenguin 

I've not looked at that program but in Notepad++ under 'search' select 'replace' then when the dialogue opens select the 'find in files' tab. This will allow you to pick a folder to search/replace. Limit the files you want to view/change by using the filter.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Thank you for those directions!

I was able to successfully install Notepad ++ using Wine and fix things that way.  Very happy to have a method to do this besides trying to manually check 3,091 songs.
Is there some method to adjust the application fonts that I am missing?  I am having to strain a little to use the application.

Image Image

More so in the second image with the genres but still...

PS: While I have your attention, is there a way to force all media times to be recorded in seconds?
Hi,

Could there be an option to exclude certain folder names from the scraper? On Synology NAS machines, it is notorious for creating folders called @eaDir on the filesystem, and these get picked up on a music scrape in particular. I'm using MediaElch on a Mac, and oddly enough Finder or Terminal will not "see" these folders, but MediaElch does, which is unfortunate in this case.

thx
Hi, I just discovered MediaElch and it looks interesting and useful, but I am not understanding its intended relation with Kodi and thought I'd ask here.

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreElec and Kodi; a couple of hard drives are connected to it and they contain my libraries (Movies, TV Shows, Music).

Then I have a Linux laptop with MediaElch installed and no media content. I do have those drives mounted on the laptop as network shares, but I'm assuming this is not the standard use case for MediaElch.

My MediaElch can talk to my Kodi, e.g. I can trigger a library clean, but my MediaElch library is empty and I don't understand how to populate it. If I added my network shares, wouldn't that just create a parallel library in ME that's unrelated to the one in Kodi? And what if people don't have network shares mounted?
I expected to import the Kodi library and be able to enrich it through file renaming and nfo files, am I completely mistaken? Are the actual library contents supposed to reside on the same computer MediaElch is running on and then exposed to Kodi as network shares? I found no mention of any of this in the guide but you never know. I just can't imagine how MediaElch and Kodi can interact without using network shares one direction or the other - any help would be very appreciated! Smile
So, what is "new" supposed to do in the file list?
New seems to have no effect, or more accurately, be the same as Name.

I would like files that MediaElch has not seen before, or at the least, files that it hasn't written .nfo for to be sorted to the top or bottom of the list. Is this a feature, or do I have to use a cludgey work around like having a separate "incoming" directory that I move files from manually after I process them?

P.S.: no, Date Added doesn't work for me, as I am bringing in files that have a Date Added in the .nfo.
scrapes don't save if u get the file naming structure wrong - does anyone know how to reset it to defaults?
Does MediaElch support creating Combination NFO files for Kodi? https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Combination

I can't seem to find any options that would place a URL at the end of the file, short of doing it manually. Is that correct?
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9