• 4(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
I too can confirm that this happens. I think it is because my media is using SMB:// and if I look in the code when it does a search for the directory it doesn't look like it is returning the correct results. Would it be possible for you to upload the project files also into Git hub so we can compile it also.
(2012-07-27, 15:35)jetskijoe Wrote: I too can confirm that this happens. I think it is because my media is using SMB:// and if I look in the code when it does a search for the directory it doesn't look like it is returning the correct results. Would it be possible for you to upload the project files also into Git hub so we can compile it also.

Again: What have you set in the settings page? In the tables for movies and tv shows are two columns: "Path" and "MediaCenter Path". "Path" is your local path to your media files (on the computer running MediaElch, so for Windows maybe X:\Movies). If XBMC runs on another computer you have to set "MediaCenter Path" to match the location for XBMC. So if XBMC reaches your media files through "smb://storage/Movies" type this into "MediaCenter Path".
And: Sources are on GitHub.
Yes, I am using 0.9.2. I had smb shares linked in the menu (\\SERVER\TV Shows). I am running the program from my server machine. I will attempt to make all of the paths local and see what happens.
(2012-07-27, 19:24)scoombe Wrote: Yes, I am using 0.9.2. I had smb shares linked in the menu (\\SERVER\TV Shows). I am running the program from my server machine. I will attempt to make all of the paths local and see what happens.
Then you need to set "MediaCenter Path" to "smb://SERVER/TV Shows" as this is the path XBMC accesses your files. Have a look at your sources.xml
Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try when I get home later.
A few days after 0.9.3 the next version is here. It brings some new features and fixes a bug when using an SQL database. See the first post for download links and changelog.

edit:
Version 0.9.4 is ready: Error in SQL statement fixed and Mac OS version repackaged (MySQL is now working).
very nice app ... with a couple more tweaks, it can replace any other xbmc media manager.

i'm currently using media center master, which does the job, but is really slow and hangs every 2 minutes

i love the qt signal/slot programming model ... i will probably fork the code and contribute with some changes
(2012-07-29, 19:25)lboregard Wrote: very nice app ... with a couple more tweaks, it can replace any other xbmc media manager.

i'm currently using media center master, which does the job, but is really slow and hangs every 2 minutes

i love the qt signal/slot programming model ... i will probably fork the code and contribute with some changes
Thank you! The code is sometimes, uhm, very ugly Wink If you decide to fork it just ask and I'll try to guide you through it a little bit.
Does MediaElch find new media in the specified directories automatically or do you have to manually click search? Does it have any command line functionality?
@Komet - Downloaded 'mediaelch_0.9.4-1_amd64.deb' and installed OK.

MediaElch is just about ready to be used on my real data - thank you very much.
I have waited so long for a Linux Media Manager that would deal with folder nfo & gfx files - others ONLY deal with XBMC database direct - so no use if you haven't been able to scrape it previously. I get a lot of odd doco's that are not scrapable, with MediaElch I make my own .nfo .tbn .jpg posters etc files and save to folder then update XBMC later.

Some comments:

1. TVShows - When searching for episode thumbnail and none available, there is no timeout. If you don't quickly click 'close' the search continues until one of my CPU cores goes up to 100% and ram usage goes up to 98% (about 2 - 3 minutes) and system freezes nearly. Needs a 'timeout' or 'autoclose' if no thumbnail available. Had to use 'killall MediaElch' in terminal to gain control.

2. TVShows - When no date in existing TVShow folder name, search function won't show anything to search for.
eg: folder named 'Warehouse 13' will not search - folder name Warehouse 13 (2009) will scrape. Can MediaElch be made to search without (date) ?

3. Movies - Not a big problem - Movie search for folders named with other text after (date) won't scrape directly - shows an option line and you need to backspace any text after the (date) part of the name, then 'enter key'.
eg: Movie folder named 'Battleship (2012) DVDRip' - will not auto scrape until ' DVDRip' is back spaced out - Could everything after the (date) be ignored automatically for scraping ?

(LinuxMint13 x64 Cinnamon & XBMC 11.0 Eden)
Hi Komet,
its getting better from version to version, like that.
some issues i found so far :
Scrapping : Scrapping with german umlauts will not find anything, deleting the umlauts and searching with a substring will find the movie in most cases ( display with umlauts ) maybe you need to encode the searchurl before sending the string.
Scrapping: Switching from one search target to another and back should preserve the former settings, right now you could easily miss some information ( you could also add a preset for each search machine ? )
Scraccing TV shows : Could we please have support for DVD structure in tv shows (aka 24 S01E01E02E03E04) ?
Scrapping / Maintenance : selecting multiple entries and search for best match or ask if uncertain would be very much welcome, sepcially if you like the resrapp multible movies ( the dbs are getting bigger and specially fanart and posters will be added so a local refresh off all movies once every month could be helpfull )
Scrapping / Maintenance : Color mark duplicates ( 2000 movies so you easly see if there are duplicates / mismatched )
Generic: if imdb would be supported ( would be perfect, secially for ratings),..... but maybe if we could identify the movie / tv show with the IMDB ID / TVDB ID ?

Just some ideas to help you improving this programm.
Thanks for your effort and great work
Hi,

I tried this last night and updated half of the movies in a folder. i arranged them into a set called 'Animation' and updated the info with the search button and then saved them all.

this morning i have started the app again and it has read the folder but the information has been reset. Also when i click on a thumbnail it says 'no images found'

the changes I made last night were updated in xbmc which is good but mediaelch is now viewing the folder the same as before i started!

thanks

edit:had to move to xml mode. sqlite does'nt save my changes
Hi,

donated a little, definitely like MediaElch. Only issue i ran into is that movie stacking doesn't seem to work. All movies with 2 disks in the database are not recognized properly. Is it a special setting i have to enable to make it work? Or is it a MediaElch issue and not supported yet?
Example:
moviename-cd1.avi
moviename-cd2.avi

Feature Request: Will there be a size option for fanartheight/thumbsize like in XBMC's advancedsettings? I have an advancedsettings tag "<fanartheight>540</fanartheight>" to scrape fanarts in a "smaller" format to make my ATV2 a bit snappier, would be nice to have an option for that in MediaElch as well.

Best regards and keep up the good work!
Just for your information: In the next two weeks (and also the last two weeks...) I don't have much time to visit the forums and keep development going on. So little break for now, back in two weeks Wink

(2012-07-30, 03:51)jwdempsey Wrote: Does MediaElch find new media in the specified directories automatically or do you have to manually click search? Does it have any command line functionality?
Everytime you start MediaElch it will do a full scan of your directories and find new media automatically.
No CLI and there are no plans to build one.

(2012-07-30, 07:58)teemac Wrote: 1. TVShows - When searching for episode thumbnail and none available, there is no timeout. If you don't quickly click 'close' the search continues until one of my CPU cores goes up to 100% and ram usage goes up to 98% (about 2 - 3 minutes) and system freezes nearly. Needs a 'timeout' or 'autoclose' if no thumbnail available. Had to use 'killall MediaElch' in terminal to gain control.

2. TVShows - When no date in existing TVShow folder name, search function won't show anything to search for.
eg: folder named 'Warehouse 13' will not search - folder name Warehouse 13 (2009) will scrape. Can MediaElch be made to search without (date) ?

3. Movies - Not a big problem - Movie search for folders named with other text after (date) won't scrape directly - shows an option line and you need to backspace any text after the (date) part of the name, then 'enter key'.
eg: Movie folder named 'Battleship (2012) DVDRip' - will not auto scrape until ' DVDRip' is back spaced out - Could everything after the (date) be ignored automatically for scraping ?

1. I'll look into this, but I've never seen this problem...
2. MediaElch just picks the folder name as search base. So whatever your folder is named it should be in the search field.
3. This was discussed before. It would require too much "guessing", not everbody has named his folders like this. MediaElch will query the internet databases with the folder name, if there are no results it's because the databases don't return anything for a query like "Battleship (2012) DVDRip".

(2012-08-02, 20:30)Maetrik Wrote: Hi,

donated a little, definitely like MediaElch. Only issue i ran into is that movie stacking doesn't seem to work. All movies with 2 disks in the database are not recognized properly. Is it a special setting i have to enable to make it work? Or is it a MediaElch issue and not supported yet?
Example:
moviename-cd1.avi
moviename-cd2.avi

Feature Request: Will there be a size option for fanartheight/thumbsize like in XBMC's advancedsettings? I have an advancedsettings tag "<fanartheight>540</fanartheight>" to scrape fanarts in a "smaller" format to make my ATV2 a bit snappier, would be nice to have an option for that in MediaElch as well.

Best regards and keep up the good work!
Thanks for the donation!
An option to choose the size for thumbnails/fanart maybe added later.

Could you post/pm me the full paths of your multipart movie and your settings in MediaElch (movie path, media center path, separate dirs)? And did you check "movies in separate folders" in XBMC?
Great addition! I've been looking for an alternative to EMM for a while, and this seems to be it!

A few feature suggestions:
1. The ability to scrape more than one move at once
2. Extrathumbs - a way to extra a number of thumbs from the file itself.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9