• 5(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi

Seems like MediaElch dont pick up my movies i did in Handbreak, extension is m4v? do i do it wrong or isnt m4v supported?

best regards
cmekki
This is a nice application. I've been using it on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 all week and it runs very well. I've been looking for something easy to use for Ubuntu. Thanks.
(2012-08-17, 15:41)cmekki Wrote: Hi

Seems like MediaElch dont pick up my movies i did in Handbreak, extension is m4v? do i do it wrong or isnt m4v supported?

best regards
cmekki

I missed m4v files, they will be picked up in the next release.
(2012-08-18, 00:38)Robgue Wrote: This is a nice application. I've been using it on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 all week and it runs very well. I've been looking for something easy to use for Ubuntu. Thanks.
Thank you Smile
Hi Komet,
besides the other feature requests ( imdb, multible scrapping, etc. ) it would be nice to have for manual scrapping some additional features :
1) if you select a source it would be nice to get a preview what will be scrapped ( text, pictures, etc. ) to be able to choose the best fit
2) you might hit enter to fast so cancel of a scrapped item and revert to the former entry
3) to choose a language is great, but it would be nice to have a fallback language in case that the plot entry is empty ( please eleiminate the "null" entries here as well )
4) please add the function that we can store the result in movie.nfo + "moviename.nfo" at the same time, some of us running different frontends and for that both ways of storing information must be up to date
5) a refresh all entries with a option to write protect some files ( f.e. nfo ) would be great as well to update some poster / fanarts
thats it for now, thx for listening
Linus
I'm having trouble getting my thumbnails to come up. I'm on Windows 7, and the server is a WHS 2011 machine. The thumbnails folder looks like this: \\10.0.1.118\Videos\XBMC\Thumbnails. None of my thumbnails are coming up though. Do I need to enter the address differently?
(2012-08-20, 14:56)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
besides the other feature requests ( imdb, multible scrapping, etc. ) it would be nice to have for manual scrapping some additional features :
1) if you select a source it would be nice to get a preview what will be scrapped ( text, pictures, etc. ) to be able to choose the best fit
2) you might hit enter to fast so cancel of a scrapped item and revert to the former entry
3) to choose a language is great, but it would be nice to have a fallback language in case that the plot entry is empty ( please eleiminate the "null" entries here as well )
4) please add the function that we can store the result in movie.nfo + "moviename.nfo" at the same time, some of us running different frontends and for that both ways of storing information must be up to date
5) a refresh all entries with a option to write protect some files ( f.e. nfo ) would be great as well to update some poster / fanarts
thats it for now, thx for listening
Linus

1) This would require a full scraping before you select an entry and it would slow things down. Just select an item and see what gets filled in. If you're not happy with the results, choose another one or don't save.
2) Don't know what you mean
3) TMDb dropped support for fallback languages and I kinda like this decision. If there are no infos in your preferred language -> it's up to you to contribute Wink
4) Coming with the next version
5) Refresh all entries? You mean something like "auto scraping" for all entries? That's the point why I've build MediaElch, autoscraping in XBMC often used the wrong movies from scrapers...
(2012-08-21, 16:31)lockdown571 Wrote: I'm having trouble getting my thumbnails to come up. I'm on Windows 7, and the server is a WHS 2011 machine. The thumbnails folder looks like this: \\10.0.1.118\Videos\XBMC\Thumbnails. None of my thumbnails are coming up though. Do I need to enter the address differently?

Should be OK but did you also filled the "MediaCenter Path" for the source? Should be something like "smb://10.0.1.118/...."
Hi Komet,
sorry let me clarify some things
1) + 2) you are right with the point saying that "dont save is an option, but but if you go through multible entries. in this case it would be nice to have a cancel buttom which would revert the result to the former stored ones, right now if you mofiy some entries and you do a mistake one the last one you can only quit the app and start from the beginning. Remember i am the one with 15 Minutes waiting time during startup.
if you do a preview, you might scrap only the text ( Storyline field ) and maybe a thumb from a poster. Doing this things would not slow down that much.
3) contribution is nice, but it would be nice to have a fallback text so you only need to translate the text
5) Refreshing all entries in combination with write protection of the nfo files so only selected fields ( aka poster, fanarts will be rescrapped ) if you can drill that down to even more granularity you might rescrap everything based on a write protected imdb or tmdb id, so the wrong movie will never be choosen.

In addition to these points i got a hard time here changing poster and fanart, just got the scrolling wheel but quite often no poster show up ( doing the same with vimediamanager gets immediate results )
Thanks for listining
Linus
(2012-08-21, 21:00)Komet Wrote: Should be OK but did you also filled the "MediaCenter Path" for the source? Should be something like "smb://10.0.1.118/...."

Thanks.

Thumbnails are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\XBMC\Thumbnails
Movies are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\Movies
TV shows are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\TV

Elch has no trouble finding my movies and TV shows. There's no artwork though, and the metadata isn't showing up either.
(2012-08-22, 00:17)lockdown571 Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 21:00)Komet Wrote: Should be OK but did you also filled the "MediaCenter Path" for the source? Should be something like "smb://10.0.1.118/...."

Thanks.

Thumbnails are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\XBMC\Thumbnails
Movies are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\Movies
TV shows are \\10.0.1.118\Videos\TV

Elch has no trouble finding my movies and TV shows. There's no artwork though, and the metadata isn't showing up either.

Yes, but in the second column, "MediaCenter Path", what did you type in there? You have to put the path in here like it's in XBMC and this is for your movies "smb://10.0.1.118/Videos/Movies".

(2012-08-21, 21:15)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
sorry let me clarify some things
1) + 2) you are right with the point saying that "dont save is an option, but but if you go through multible entries. in this case it would be nice to have a cancel buttom which would revert the result to the former stored ones, right now if you mofiy some entries and you do a mistake one the last one you can only quit the app and start from the beginning. Remember i am the one with 15 Minutes waiting time during startup.
if you do a preview, you might scrap only the text ( Storyline field ) and maybe a thumb from a poster. Doing this things would not slow down that much.
3) contribution is nice, but it would be nice to have a fallback text so you only need to translate the text
5) Refreshing all entries in combination with write protection of the nfo files so only selected fields ( aka poster, fanarts will be rescrapped ) if you can drill that down to even more granularity you might rescrap everything based on a write protected imdb or tmdb id, so the wrong movie will never be choosen.

In addition to these points i got a hard time here changing poster and fanart, just got the scrolling wheel but quite often no poster show up ( doing the same with vimediamanager gets immediate results )
Thanks for listining
Linus

1) A "Revert changes" button will be added in the next release.

I'll think about your other ideas but for now, let's make MediaElch a little bit more stable and focus on bug hunting Wink
Hi Komet,
pls review the poster grabbing as well i am running elch on a macbook pro, 10.8 and Poster/fanart only show up in manual grabbing once in a while.
( internetconnection is ok 100MB should do the trick dont you thing ? )
Looking forward to the next release :-)

Edit: Just another request :-) : Would it be possible to have the movie list ordered in NON case sensitive order, it would help to get rid of double entries or movies that you create temp. ( f.e. ipad use ), misspelling, etc. ?

Best Regards
Linus
When adding anything in the MySQL MediaCenter area, after clicking Save, the app repeatedly crashes (can click Save on other things and it's okay). Cannot get a connection to my MySQL DB on my Synology NAS to work. I've confirmed the settings I'm using in both phpMyAdmin and SQLGrinder to be correct.

MediaElch 0.9.4 Mac version (downloaded yesterday)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 (tried on two different Mac's)
Synology NAS 110j with MySQL 5.1.49

Movie and TV Show directories have been added and for MediaCenter Thumbnails, I have tried adding the remote Thumbnails directory on the NAS and a local Thumbnails directory on my media machine.

Thoughts?
(2012-08-23, 02:22)tuckbodi Wrote: When adding anything in the MySQL MediaCenter area, after clicking Save, the app repeatedly crashes (can click Save on other things and it's okay). Cannot get a connection to my MySQL DB on my Synology NAS to work. I've confirmed the settings I'm using in both phpMyAdmin and SQLGrinder to be correct.

MediaElch 0.9.4 Mac version (downloaded yesterday)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 (tried on two different Mac's)
Synology NAS 110j with MySQL 5.1.49

Movie and TV Show directories have been added and for MediaCenter Thumbnails, I have tried adding the remote Thumbnails directory on the NAS and a local Thumbnails directory on my media machine.

Thoughts?
Does the MySQL connection really work? Or do you see a small notification in the upper right when starting MediaElch ("Connection failed")?
There's also a known bug when you try to save things while MediaElch is still scanning which is already fixed in the next upcoming version.
Hi Komet,
just a small additional request and a question regarding compability.
1) it would be nice to be able to work with the field search title, just to be able to organize movie sets and sort movies in the apropiate ( aka custom ) order.

During the last days i tried to (re)organize my movies and worked with media elch and also vimediamanager ( vimediamanger seems to be lot more capable for grabbing posters ), but i am facing the "problem" that these two programms seems to handle the grapped jpegs slightly different. most of the times they wouldn't recognize the poster if you grab them with the "oposite" programm. while xbmc treat them all equal and display them without any problems. Is there something we can do from our side to make these both programs work togiether ?

During scrapping it looks like thatxbmc prefers movie.nfo before it looks for <moviename>.nfo, would it be possible to have some maintanence functions to sync these files for the scrapped movies ( based on <moviename>.nfo or even choosable ) ?

Last but not least it would also be great to grab extrathimbs for the movies, some skins in xbmc are cabable to handle them and it looks pretty cool :-)
Thanks for listining
Linus
(2012-08-24, 10:15)Komet Wrote: Does the MySQL connection really work? Or do you see a small notification in the upper right when starting MediaElch ("Connection failed")?
There's also a known bug when you try to save things while MediaElch is still scanning which is already fixed in the next upcoming version.
Hi Komet, thanks for the reply!

I don't think it's working at all. I click Save and there's a small hesitation, then spinning beachball for a second or two, then a crash. Everytime. Like I said previously, I've plugged these same credentials into SQL Grinder with no problems.

Side question: What, if any, port are you defaulting to. I think my database is looking for 3306.

I had only one movie in the Movies directory (as a test) and I believe it was all done scanning. I didn't have any TV Shows to scan.
Hi Komet,
small comment about extensions of movies :
some tv cards store/record movies with the extension ts ( which seems to work for xbmc as well. Media elch on the other hand seems to ignore these files.
Thanks for listening

Linus
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9