• 6(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Can you make it configurable to supply the media file types such as .mp4, .m4v etc in the settings ?
(2012-08-24, 13:29)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
just a small additional request and a question regarding compability.
1) it would be nice to be able to work with the field search title, just to be able to organize movie sets and sort movies in the apropiate ( aka custom ) order.

During the last days i tried to (re)organize my movies and worked with media elch and also vimediamanager ( vimediamanger seems to be lot more capable for grabbing posters ), but i am facing the "problem" that these two programms seems to handle the grapped jpegs slightly different. most of the times they wouldn't recognize the poster if you grab them with the "oposite" programm. while xbmc treat them all equal and display them without any problems. Is there something we can do from our side to make these both programs work togiether ?

During scrapping it looks like thatxbmc prefers movie.nfo before it looks for <moviename>.nfo, would it be possible to have some maintanence functions to sync these files for the scrapped movies ( based on <moviename>.nfo or even choosable ) ?

Last but not least it would also be great to grab extrathimbs for the movies, some skins in xbmc are cabable to handle them and it looks pretty cool :-)
Thanks for listining
Linus
1) sorttitle will be added, sorting in movie sets is already possible.
2) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=thu...Thumbnails MediaElch stores poster as moviename.tbn, I don't know what other media managers are doing.
3) Syncing of movie.nfo and others: no. But an option to choose between movie.nfo and filename.nfo will be added later.
4) Extrathumbs: not now Wink There are many other things with higher priority.

(2012-08-24, 21:43)tuckbodi Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 10:15)Komet Wrote: Does the MySQL connection really work? Or do you see a small notification in the upper right when starting MediaElch ("Connection failed")?
There's also a known bug when you try to save things while MediaElch is still scanning which is already fixed in the next upcoming version.
Hi Komet, thanks for the reply!

I don't think it's working at all. I click Save and there's a small hesitation, then spinning beachball for a second or two, then a crash. Everytime. Like I said previously, I've plugged these same credentials into SQL Grinder with no problems.

Side question: What, if any, port are you defaulting to. I think my database is looking for 3306.

I had only one movie in the Movies directory (as a test) and I believe it was all done scanning. I didn't have any TV Shows to scan.
MediaElch tries to connect to port 3306, which is the default. Please stand by, a debug mode will be added in the next release.

(2012-08-27, 17:16)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
small comment about extensions of movies :
some tv cards store/record movies with the extension ts ( which seems to work for xbmc as well. Media elch on the other hand seems to ignore these files.
Thanks for listening

Linus

(2012-09-04, 22:12)cyrus007 Wrote: Can you make it configurable to supply the media file types such as .mp4, .m4v etc in the settings ?

Yes, this will be in one of the next releases.
My Toolbar is gone! This is very strange...

See Screen Dump here

So when i click on the row 21 Grams the Save button is triggered and therefore saves the settings for The Invasion (in this example).

How do I get the Toolbar back?
Minimize and maximize again, got the same issue on Mountain Lion
Can you both tell me a little bit more about your setup? Which kind of Mac and what screen resolutions do you use?
13" MacBook 1280x800
I was able to reproduce this bug and kinda fixed it (it's an ugly workaround).
But with that small resolutions you will not be able to use some of the features. I'll try to improve this in the future but it's hard to build a layout that fits both, small resolutions like yours and also big resolutions (somebody already said that there's so much unused area why not move some elements to there...)
Hi Komet,
thanks for your reply.
other Player might be popcornhour or Dune HD, basicly they store the information in movie.nfo, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg , etc.
if you enable a feature to store either in moviename.nfo or movie.nfo ( incl. the coresponding jpg options and make this configuration not a multible choice rather a switch so we can turn both on, that would be great. ( as for reading there might be a switch needed wether the main source is movie.nfo or moviename.nfo ) :-)

In addition to my growing wishlist it would be great to have something like a genre editor/manager, so we can get rid of all this multible genre entries and cleanup even a library with 3000 Movies.
maybe as a first step something like rename and delete of genrename without the functionality of adding or removing a movie from a genre.
( f. e. take a look at the variations of SCFI, etc. or Adventure, etc. etc. )

Thanks for listing
Linus
(2012-09-06, 14:38)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
thanks for your reply.
other Player might be popcornhour or Dune HD, basicly they store the information in movie.nfo, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg , etc.
if you enable a feature to store either in moviename.nfo or movie.nfo ( incl. the coresponding jpg options and make this configuration not a multible choice rather a switch so we can turn both on, that would be great. ( as for reading there might be a switch needed wether the main source is movie.nfo or moviename.nfo ) :-)

In addition to my growing wishlist it would be great to have something like a genre editor/manager, so we can get rid of all this multible genre entries and cleanup even a library with 3000 Movies.
maybe as a first step something like rename and delete of genrename without the functionality of adding or removing a movie from a genre.
( f. e. take a look at the variations of SCFI, etc. or Adventure, etc. etc. )

Thanks for listing
Linus
According to the XBMC wiki (and some other inputs and testing with various skins) MediaElch currently uses this:

Movies
NFO: <filename>.nfo (if <filename>.nfo is not found it looks for movie.nfo)
Poster: <filename>.tbn
Fanart: <filename>-fanart.jpg

TV Shows
NFO: tvshow.nfo
Poster: season-all.tbn (I've also added poster.jpg when saving)
Fanart: fanart.jpg
Banner: banner.jpg (and folder.jpg when saving)
Season posters: season01.tbn, season02.tbn ... seasonXX.tbn
Episode preview: <filename>.tbn

It would be very helpful if you can provide other filenames you wish to see here. I think making it fully customizable is a little bit over the top (not impossible but good default values are also needed).
I plan to add a settings option to choose between the different filenames and give you the option prioritize them (e.g. <filename>.nfo is the main source like you said).

Some kind of genre manager will come later along with a certification manager/editor Smile
Hi Komet,
looking forward to get a "clean" genre menue :-)

1) For other mediaplayers Filenames are :
fanart.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.tbn
poster.tbn
folder.jpg
movie.nfo
poster.jpg

tbn's will be used for thumbnail views, others acording to the name, folder.jpg will be used for directory listings ( most cases poster will do ).

2) yesterday evening i had 2 Movies were the selected poster, nfo, etc. were, evene after saved do not created the local file in the bdmv directory, after restarting media elk the information were lost.
all rights are given to the directory and the disk is NOT full, no idea whats wrong here. After you enable the debug option i might be able to provie details error messages. Both movies are bdmv structures, and xml storage is selected.

Thanks for doing all this work
Linus
Hi
How about adding cmd+s to complement the save icon?
Hey,

Does this work with the nightly builds?

Doesnt seem to link to my MySQL database, and get play counts and watched.

Cheers,
Will
(2012-09-06, 15:19)Linusorg Wrote: 2) yesterday evening i had 2 Movies were the selected poster, nfo, etc. were, evene after saved do not created the local file in the bdmv directory, after restarting media elk the information were lost.
all rights are given to the directory and the disk is NOT full, no idea whats wrong here. After you enable the debug option i might be able to provie details error messages. Both movies are bdmv structures, and xml storage is selected.
I need to check this. I don't use BluRay/bdmv structures for myself so maybe there is an issue I'm not aware of.

(2012-09-06, 18:02)Aros Wrote: Hi
How about adding cmd+s to complement the save icon?
Good point. Keyboard shortcuts will be added later.

(2012-09-06, 18:40)WillUK2010 Wrote: Hey,

Does this work with the nightly builds?

Doesnt seem to link to my MySQL database, and get play counts and watched.

Cheers,
Will
No, the SQL interfaces are Eden only. Please don't try to use it with the nightly builds (Frodo). There is currently no check what version you're using so it may damage your database. When Frodo is in beta state I'll add support for it.
Hi Komet,
just checked these files again and it was my mistake.
Usualy i rund a chown and a chmod on structures, but looks like these bdmv directory got missed, Parrent dirs were ok.
anyway rights were missing and no way to cretae files, but mediaelch didn't complain when saving, just acts like normal saving without notice.
Just to let you know

Linus

PS.: maybe raising an erormsg when things like this happens would help "idiots" like me to get their errors corrected ? :-)
This can't be installed in ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric

the dependency is not satisfiable libqtgui4 (>=4:4.8.0)

When trying to use the deb for libqtgui4 (>=4:4.8.0) from 4:4.8.1-0ubuntu2 it shows it's already installed.

Can provide some direction on this. It seems a lot of people are having issues with this package.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9