MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2012-10-12, 12:15)coolio99 Wrote: nice program man.but is useless for me becuse is not suport flv files..can you add suport for it?

Already added, will be available in 1.1
(2012-10-12, 13:45)NorDemoniac Wrote: Fantastic work! It is so fast!

I have a shared library (MySQL) for my XBMC-clients, should I connect to this DB instead of using XBMC XML? I don't understand this... I have a bunch of TBN, NFOs etc. already, I just want MediaElch to keep scraping future shows, not replace my current artwork.

I would want the possibility to force XBMC-library to update its artwork if I change a movie poster, without having to re-add the movie to XBMC.

I've been using Ember (for movies) + MIP (for TV-shows), but I'm sick of the old, slow GUIs, and MediaElch does look like what I want. Also the possibility for using it on my Macs is wonderful!

I tried XBMC XML, which in 20 sec listed all my 4000 episodes, and listed them in their correct seasons (not season xx). If I choose XBMC MySQL, I got a bunch of episodes in Season xx (because of 1x01 naming).

But what do I write in the DB connection login, and do I need that? I couldn't log in...

Sorry for my bit messy post, it's a mix of confusion and extreme joy over this MediaManager. Smile

And - Would it be possible in the future to set a show permanently, and then make it auto-scrape for new content? Instead of clicking "search" and choose a show for each episode.

I would like to just open it and make it scan through everything that's new.
Also, it would be great to see the "new" sign on the seasons.

Btw; not complaining! I love that it is so stable, although it's a new application, just need some guidance on the XBMC-integration bit...

You should use the "XMBC MySQL" interface. I can't help you with the login details, you should know them (have a look at your advancedsettings.xml) And don't forget to set the "Media Center Directory" in the settings (read about it here http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage/)
The filename format of your episodes is currently not supported (only 1E01 for now) but it will be in the next version.
And you don't have to update every new episode, just update the whole show and don't check "Update all episodes". Also in version 1.1 you will be able to choose which items should be updated (like in the movies widget) so your custom poster, fanart and so on won't get replaced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by Komet - 2012-10-12, 17:14
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50