MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2013-04-25, 19:00)Powerhouse Wrote: Komet,

Let me just say, that after using numerous other Media Scrappers (Ember Media Manager, Media Companion, etc) , yours is the best hands down. And this latest release, with the addition of TVTunes just makes it that much better (and cooler).

Now, enough with the flattery, on to the issues and requests...Wink

1. When going into Movie Sets, and searching for Set Artwork (Harry Potter Collection for example), nothing is ever listed. Is this something we have to manually download the artwork, and point MediaElch to the correct file in the Movie Folder? Also, in a Movie Set, which Movie would get the Set Artwork (and for that matter, how do you name the Set Artwork), and how would MediaElch know which Movie to look into for the Set Artwork to show up correctly?

2. Is there a way to manually add a Movie or TV show to the database, that has been missed? Re-scanning doesn't seem to pick it up, but If I could just point to the folder the Movie is in, and do a Search for that Movie to select the correct one, and download all the Artwork and create the NFO files, that would be awesome.

3. In regards to number 2 above, would it be possible to have a count listed somewhere with total number of Movies or TV shows. So I could at least know if I'm missing some? I have a large library (over 1750 Movies, and 425 TV shows), so finding out If I'm missing any would be of value to me. For example, just upgrading to version 1.6, It found several Movies that weren't listed in version 1.5. Also, if you could break the listing down from not only a total count, but a count on each Drive the Movies or TVShows are from, that would further make it easier to pick out missing Movies/TVShows.

Example:

Total Movies: 1750
Movies from \\Server\Drive D: 458
Movies from \\Server\Drive E: 627
Movies from \\Server\Drive F: 559
Movies from \\Server\Drive G:106

Total TVShows: 425
TVShows from \\Server\Drive H: 252
TVShows from \\Server\Drove I: 173

Having my Movies/TVShows in separate folders, I could easily check each drive to verify they match the numbers listed in MediaElch.

4. Finally, Could you have the Concerts section also look for Music Videos using theAudioDB Music Video Scraper (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136105). This would be awesome for me as I have over 3000 Music Videos, and they only way currently to figure out why a Music Video wont get scrapped correctly is to look into the Log file. But If I could do a search like in MediaElch, I could then pick the correct data for the Music Video, and a NFO file would be created that XBMC could read.

Thanks for your hard work on this, and keep up the good work.

1. There is currently no scraper which provides movie set artwork. So you have to look for it on your own. Have a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502 I think it's good explained where and how the artwork is saved. It's the same what MediaElch does (setup is done in MediaElch -> Settings -> Movies)

2. Manually adding files is not possible. But it would be nice if you could tell me what movies/shows have been missed. I need to know about your folder structure and the actual file names.

3. Check MediaElch -> About. There are some (limited) stats about your collection.

4. TheAudioDb will be added as soon as they provide an API.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by Komet - 2013-04-25, 19:07
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50