MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi there,

thanks for this great piece of software. When I was last using XBMC under Linux there was no media manager around that would run under it.

A small thing that does not work as expected for me is the runtime combined with file stacking. I have a view movies that are divided into multiple parts (named correctly with cd1/cd2, CD1/CD2, part1/part2 or Part1/Part2). MediaElch seems to work fine with these stacked files, but for the runtime. It scrapes the runtime and saves ist correctly as <runtime>IN MINUTES</runtime>. It also detects the stream details, but it only looks at the first file of the stacked files. Therefore the detected runtime based on the stream is too short. It then saves this shorter runtime once more as <durationinseconds>IN SECONDS</durationinseconds> in the streamdetails section of the NFO file. Under Windows I used Ember before, which somehow was able to detect the combined runtime for all the stacked files. It would be great if MediaElch will be able to do the same.

EDIT: Another small detail: I have organized every movie in its own folder named like this: "Movie name (year) (language)". Often like this: "Movie name (year) (language, sub language)" or "Movie name (year) (language 1, language 2)". MediaElch uses the folder names to find the names for my movies. I added recent years (would a regular expression be possible for exclusion of all possible years?) and the language strings to the excluded words list. It now works for simple namings like "Movie name (year) (language)". But as soon as folder names with commas come into play it does not work anymore. Is ist possible to exclude commas somehow? Personally I think commas should be excluded by default.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by bleichmittel - 2013-07-23, 19:41
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9