MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
This project isn't dead Wink

During the last months I was just busy with setting up my own business, so I didn't have much time to work on MediaElch.
I'm still reading this thread and I'm noticing your wishes and bug reports. But it's too time consuming to answer on a regular basis here, to the blog comments, and to mails.
I hope you understand this and keep using MediaElch if you like it. Next version is coming in the next one or maybe two weeks Smile

MediaElch uses mymovieapi.com to query IMBD because they don't allow direct scraping of their site. mymovieapi.com had some problems during the last days but they are up again and scraping IMBD is working again in MediaElch.

(2013-09-27, 12:26)Ballistic Wrote: All my movies are named movie.name.2013.mkv
I just updated from 1.5 to 1.7 and now it includes the dots in the search.
Is there any way to remove the dots in the MediaElch search? It does not find any movies with the dots.

Dots are now included by default because of movie titles like "R.E.D.". I will improve the search in the next version to skip dots.

(2013-09-27, 10:59)mrMuppet Wrote: Hi,

i'm using Media-Elch with the Dreambox Mediaplayer "Project Valerie". For older Versions of Valerie it was needed to include the IMDB-id in the Filename (e.g. "blah_1080p_tt834638.mkv").
The new Elch has now has e detection of this id ("Get IMDB Id from filename") and i can see that this detetction by the green id Icon in the column ("Added media status columns for actors and IMDB Id). But i can't find how to use this. I have to change the Filename manually to find it in ...

Do you have any idea hwo to use the "filename-id" ?

Currently the id is automatically used when doing multi scrape (scraping of several movies at once). Next version will also default to search by ID for single movies when an id is set.

(2013-09-19, 14:35)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

new to use Media Elch. Nice tool special the use of fanart.tv grafics. Is there any option to get permanent german logos and discarts ? Only Poster is in german, other grafics are english and must change manual ?

Eisi

On the roadmap for the next release Wink

(2013-09-17, 15:40)TheImmortal Wrote: I just downloaded the latest version of MediaElch and even though the change log states that DVD wrong order has been fixed, I am still unable to get it to work correctly with Firefly. Any suggestions?

Can you please post an example what's not working here? Maybe just Episode xx should be yy with DVD order...

(2013-09-17, 09:03)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet
i got a small problem with the advance settings, but looks like i am doing something wrong or we have a small bug in relation to the "&" sign.
all Genres got replaced as defined, but genres that should be substituted with a genre that contains a & will not be replaced ( my advanced setting at the end of this post.
in addition to this it would be nice if we could also have a way to delete a genre. F.E. i dont like the "Foreign" genre and like to get rid of it automaticly.

You need to escape the & sign in xml. It should work correctly when you write it as
Code:
<map from="Suspense" to="Thriller &amp; Crime" />
And deleting genres is possible since 1.7: Just set an empty replacement like
Code:
<map from="Foreign" to="" />

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by Komet - 2013-10-09, 10:09
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49