MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2014-01-08, 14:15)batmanraid Wrote: Hi Komet,

First i want to give you all my appreciation for your great software and a special mention for the OS X version, there is not a lot of developers of free apps that waste the time to port his app. I change from Media Ember for this reason and i'm very happy since then, the app works like a charm and is simple and effective.

I updated to 2.0.1 a couple of days ago and i have been experiencing a problem with Fanart.tv scraper. Sometimes, unfortunately very often, it takes three of four times to find the images from Fanart.tv. It reports a "no image" message but if you try three or four times it then charge the images.

Operating System: OS X Mavericks.

Thanks,

MediaElchs main development happens for OS X and Linux, so porting to Windows is a pain in the ... Wink
I'll check what the problem with fanart.tv is, maybe just some problems on their site with high load on their servers.

(2014-01-06, 19:55)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
during the last days i played a bid with moviesets & genres.
as of now it looks like sets can not be refreshed in XBMC (or i do not know how) and i also would like the ability to asign thumbs to genres ( action, adventures, own genre )
is there a chance that any of these two functions could be added to ME?
to my knowledge these are things that can only be done by accessing/altering xbmc database directly.

i would also like to vote for the ability to rescrab for missing parts ( where we have a moviedb id or imdb id), this would make live a lot easier :-)
Thanks for listening & keep up with the good work
Linus

I don't know how thumbs for genres can be set. Does anybody know if this is skin specific or is there a "XBMC only" way to store these?
Rescraping missing items is on the roadmap but I can't promise any release date yet.

(2014-01-05, 11:19)Mr. V Wrote: 1. Back in April last year you said something about theAudioDB support for scraping music videos. Will this be supported using "artist - song" naming? (Music concerts works great BTW)

2. Can you batch Scrape TV Series I cant seem to figure this out?

3. Is there support for re-scraping only missing information?

4. In tv series there are icons that show what is missing. Is this available for movies and concerts?

5. When you rescrape a movie is your watch status reset?

6. Anyway to import watched status from xbmc? or would you consider trakt.tv support for importing watched status?

1. I haven't added this yet because last time I checked they don't had many items in their database.
2. You can't scrape multiple tv shows at once but you can select a show and let MediaElch scrape every episode.
3. In combination with filters yes: Filter for missing poster, select all movies, scrape only the poster. This will be improved later.
4. For concerts not. For movies: right click on the movie list -> media status columns -> select the items you want to see.
5. The watched status will not be reset.
6. There's a XBMC button in the main toolbar -> "Retrieve watched status" Wink But: it's broken right now and will be fixed with the next release.

(2013-12-29, 22:42)soonerlater Wrote: All of my movies are stored on a NAS. I can access the NAS by UNC path (e.g. \\Louise\Video\Kids\Movies) or by mapped drive letter (e.g. z:\Kids\Movies). No matter which I use, MediaElch finds two of (seemingly) everything. Every movie appears once with the correct path and once with "Shortcut to Movies.lnk" as part of the path. For example:

//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

or

z:/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
z:Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

I've searched this thread (but not read the entire thread) looking for my particular issue, but found nothing. The closest that I could find was a guy having duplicates which he solved by disabling "use local cache" (or something like that) in the settings. However, that was a long time ago and the current version of MediaElch (2.0.1) doesn't seem to have such a setting any longer.

What can I do to fix this?

I've already answered your mail: You have a link (shortcut) to your movie folder inside your movie folder. So delete z:/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk and you're fine.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by Komet - 2014-01-08, 22:27
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50