MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Thanks for the history lesson on how Music Videos are broken in XBMC, this is exactly what I would like MediaElch to fix. I have shown, with examples how this can be incorporated into MediaElch.

Currently I create a blank NFO, and populate it with all the info related to the Music Video. Then I download Fanart from Fanart.tv (or Google Images if something can't be found), I get most of the NFO info from Wikipedia by searthing for the group name and title of the song (like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Like_the_Wolf). But for the artist picture, it doesn't work in the Music Video folder (I've named it all kinds of things, but nothing comes up), but when I placed the artist.jpg file in the music (MP3) section of the band, this is loaded as the artist picture in Music Videos.

I believe that for Concert DVD's they rely on the same structure as Movie DVD's (a separate folder call .actors), at least if you scrap them using TMDB.

I also wasn't assuming that all artwork would be shared between Music and Music Videos, just the Artist picture, as that seems to be linked in XBMC for some reason. However, for Music Videos, it does make sense to get the Album cover as well, since the Music Video is based off a particular album. This doesn't mean you can't pick other artwork, from other sources, and hopefully Komet will provide that option.

Also, Komet, I've found another issue with the Watched status in MediaElch (and possibly why it's not working). You can check out this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198004 regarding my findings. However, here is the main point...

In MediaElch, I changed a movie (in this case 2001: a space odyssey) that wasn't flagged in XBMC as being watched (and the NFO had <watched>false</watched>), and I clicked Watched in MediaElch, and saved. The NFO for 2001: a space odyssey now has <watched>true</watched>.

1. I then did an Update Library in XBMC, no change to the Watched status in XBMC (still listed as unwatched).
2. I then did a Clean Library, followed by an Update Library in XBMC, still no change to the Watched status.
3. I then clicked 'i' on my remote, and then clicked Reload, and clicked 'No' to refresh from the internet (so it used locally stored information), this also did not change the Watched status in XBMC.

Now for TV shows, there is no Watched button in MediaElch, but there is <playcount>0</playcount> and <lastplayed></lastplayed> that shows up under each NFO for each episode in a season, but I am not sure if this is the same function as Watched status for Movies or not.

and the reply from Memphiz (one of the awesome XBMC Developers)...

@Powerhouse ... should be something like

Code:
<playcount>1</playcount>

XBMC doesn't know/evaluate a flag named "watched".

I will be testing the playcount field tonight and will report back to both threads.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - by Powerhouse - 2014-06-19, 17:24
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9