• 138(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi.. got a question ..

I'm still unclear whether this can manipulate kodi database directly?
I need a tool that can manipulate kodi database directly, updating via kodi /JSON has 2 issues for me :

- Kodi needs to be open on server, my diskless setup does not allow this, long story short opening kodi will lock the database and diskless client wont be able to access it..
- I frequently get "unable to connect to server" due to thetvdb's unreliable uptime... (is there no known way to "auto-yes" the message?)

For now i'm using a dirty workaroung by symlink the userdata and syncronizing it using syncovery.. but it still locks up if a client boots then the server updates kodi..
(2017-03-02, 03:31)denywinarto Wrote: Hi.. got a question ..

I need a tool that can manipulate kodi database directly, updating via kodi /JSON has 2 issues for me :

- Kodi needs to be open on server, my diskless setup does not allow this, long story short opening kodi will lock the database and diskless client wont be able to access it..
- I frequently get "unable to connect to server" due to thetvdb's unreliable uptime... (is there no known way to "auto-yes" the message?)

For now i'm using a dirty workaroung by symlink the userdata and syncronizing it using syncovery.. but it still locks up if a client boots then the server updates kodi..

No it cannot interact directly, the web interface just removes the files from Kodi and rescans them in

Sent from my iPad
(2017-03-02, 07:42)isamu.dragon Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 03:31)denywinarto Wrote: Hi.. got a question ..

No it cannot interact directly, the web interface just removes the files from Kodi and rescans them in

Sent from my iPad (typie typie)

Oh well too bad then.. any other tool that allows that so far?
So, how long before the bugfix update is released to the public? I'm wanting to try this to see if it can help with my scraping and image downloads for music.
(2017-03-05, 22:25)RonnieG3 Wrote: So, how long before the bugfix update is released to the public? I'm wanting to try this to see if it can help with my scraping and image downloads for music.

Go donate 10 lousy dollars and get the nightly build.
Hi Guys,

I'm using MediaElch to scrape my music which works beautifully.

I want to scrape my music video's as well but not sure how to do that. Do I use concerts & what

should my folder structure look like?

Thanks for any helpHuh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2014-10-29, 20:50)scorpie Wrote: @Komet,

tried to find the problem, seems to be something with the name.

Captain America 01 - The First Avenger.mkv
Captain America 02 - The Winter Soldier.mkv

are not properly found, I get this then

or

ptain America 01 - The First Avenger.mkv
ptain America 02 - The Winter Soldier.mkv

I get this again

but if I rename them to something else like this

aCaptain America 01 - The First Avenger.mkv
bCaptain America 02 - The Winter Soldier.mkv

the are found, with the right file name, there is no nfo in that folder.

even renaming the folder or moving them to another disc doesn't help.

Stange thing - no problem with Captain Philips on another disc.

Hi Komet,

I have encountered this exact issue on Windows with Captain Phillips and Captain America.

MediaElch wants to join the files into a single entry. To stop it I need to put numbers in front of some of the filenames, eg.

Captain Phillips
1 Captain America The First Avenger
2 Captain America The Winter Soldier

This does not happen for all the other movies in the same folder that start with the same words.

All are in the same folder with the separate folder option "unselected"

Clearly MediaElch is latching onto the word Captain and trying to link all files that start with that word into a single multifile entry.

This is easily reproducible, just name two files with the first word captain and you will reproduce it.

Thx.
Man this program is quite frustrating sometimes.

All I use it for is for generating music .nfos and scraping Fanart. I find Ember for videos and Album Art Downloaded better for those specific tasks. It's unfortunate that I had to donate, not because the creator didn't deserve it for their effort, but because getting a nightly was the only way to discover the music scraper worked at all, as the version available on the website is broken in that regard.

Still, the album search dialog is woeful. I've spend the last few days renaming the files and folders of my music with Picard to match exactly what is listed Musicbrainz (closest syntax allowed in Windows filenames) and still ME often returns scrapes nothing, and there's no options to check what or where it's actually looking for that information (which absolutely breaks if 'Various Artists' or artists with non-roman text in their names are involved).

Also disappointing but I hope to eventually see:
- Subfolder support! I have a lot of soundtracks and I'm not going to keep a messy music library where everything is in the root folder. Not every folder is an Artist or an Album, but they have some inside!
Just let me define it in the left-hand list, because the only work-around I have found is related to my next issue:
- Managing multiple folders at once, it's such a pain to browse to each location separately every time and select 'music' instead of 'movies' every time. It's at least 26 times I have to do this for each source because I keep my files in folders listed A - Z.

EDIT: I have successfully scraped most of my regular album music collection. If you were having some of the same problems then try using the workarounds below:

When you scrape and get 'nothing' there's still a couple of things to try. First, make sure the Artist/Album is exactly as written in the Musicbrainz database. ME automatically removes certain punctuation (like full stops) and will sometimes fail when hyphens are included. If a date is included in the name (eg. Tubular Bells 2003) try putting double quotes around it.

For some reason having the correct Album name is not enough to get a result; in the right hand pane where all the fields are filled with Artist/Album information, ensure that the spelling and syntax is an exact match for the Musicbrainz entry (you'll have to search the MB site manually). This is especially important if the artist ever changed their name, has names in different languages, or worked with another artist (resulting in commas, & symbols, 'feat.' and Variou Artist listings) It's best to check the "Releases" tab of the artists MB section because the data there is more thorough. FINISH EDIT

EDIT 2: Unfortunately MediaElch will be an absolute slog in manually manipulating folders and artist names when it comes to scraping my Sound Track collection. It's not remotely efficient to sort these by artist. Instead I have them sorted into folders named after the Sound Track property (name of film/game) eg. F/Final Fantasy (+)/Final Fantasy VIII/Final Fantasy VIII - Original Soundtrack.
Can anyone tell me why ME doesn't load local artwork stored inside Movie subfolders? It works fine for TV shows
(2017-07-07, 15:55)LittleNemo512 Wrote: Can anyone tell me why ME doesn't load local artwork stored inside Movie subfolders? It works fine for TV shows

Check settings in ME for artwork naming, it probably differs from what you're using.
(2017-07-07, 16:08)garretn Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 15:55)LittleNemo512 Wrote: Can anyone tell me why ME doesn't load local artwork stored inside Movie subfolders? It works fine for TV shows

Check settings in ME for artwork naming, it probably differs from what you're using.

checked. They match.

My file structure is...
"Volume/Videos/Movies/Ghost in the Shell (1995)/Ghost in the Shell (1995).mkv"
and I have "separate folders" checked in the Settings>Global menu for my Movie directory

Extrafanart appears under its appropriate tab but no other local artwork images are in the side collumn.
Well, first the Music is broken (unless you donate and grab a nightly), and the next issue will be Artwork. As was posted in the MediaElch.de Forum, there are changes to several of the API's used by MediaElch that have changed, and MediaElch will be cut off at the end of summer (unless it is updated).

However, currently it appears that Komet is no longer interested in this project, so not really sure if this program will be around for much longer. Sad really, as I've donated (a few times), and pimp this program all the time (when it was working anyone).
How do I create a movie collection or set? I want to take all my Marvel movies and make a set called Marvel Cinematic Universe and then have them in a certain order.
(2017-07-20, 18:20)Tatts4Life Wrote: How do I create a movie collection or set? I want to take all my Marvel movies and make a set called Marvel Cinematic Universe and then have them in a certain order.

Click the Movie Set icon on the left, right-click in the list area and select Add Movie Set. Use the buttons on the bottom right to add movies to the newly created set.
Is it possible to set a relative path because I plan on using this program on my external hard drive where all of my collection is, also is there a way to make the windows and linux version of the program work together (not needing to scrap the same files twice).
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9