• 139(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
@Bare7a Once you scrap and save, the next time you load MediaElch, you just have to refresh, it will pick up everything you changed it whatever other version you were running.
(2017-07-21, 17:10)garretn Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 18:20)Tatts4Life Wrote: How do I create a movie collection or set? I want to take all my Marvel movies and make a set called Marvel Cinematic Universe and then have them in a certain order.

Click the Movie Set icon on the left, right-click in the list area and select Add Movie Set. Use the buttons on the bottom right to add movies to the newly created set.

Thanks Garretn. I was able to get it set up in MediaElch and have the movies in the order I want on there. Now the question is what do I do with Kodi? Should I put all the movies in a folder labeled Marvel Cinematic Universe, and is there another step I need to do to get things working in Kodi? As of right now I have the movies in their own folders and if it's two or more of a movie, for example Thor and Thor dark world, I have it in a collection folder. What should I do to get Kodi to recognize it as an MCU collection?
(2017-07-26, 21:15)Tatts4Life Wrote: Thanks Garretn. I was able to get it set up in MediaElch and have the movies in the order I want on there. Now the question is what do I do with Kodi? Should I put all the movies in a folder labeled Marvel Cinematic Universe, and is there another step I need to do to get things working in Kodi? As of right now I have the movies in their own folders and if it's two or more of a movie, for example Thor and Thor dark world, I have it in a collection folder. What should I do to get Kodi to recognize it as an MCU collection?

Two things:
  1. Enable Movie Collections in Library settings
  2. Remove and rescrape them into your library using the local scraper (so it uses the nfo files)

Theres no special magic at the filesystem level, its based entirely on the library/what it parses from the nfo. Don't forget the second step, as they don't automatically refresh.
Did all those steps and it added most of the movies to the set I wanted. I also added in the Sorttitle section the numbers 01-15 so that it would order the movies the way I wanted in my MCU folder. While it did add some of the movies to the collection it didn't put them in order. It also took the movies and added them to the beginning of my alphabetical list since the Sorttitle has 01-15 in front of the movie title. I also noticed that Doctor Strange wasn't added to the collection or outside of the collection in Kodi even though it was in Kodi before.
By default, when browsing a set, Kod sorts by year, change to sort by title and it will put it in the order you set in the sort title field

Sent from my iPad
(2017-07-27, 23:46)isamu.dragon Wrote: By default, when browsing a set, Kod sorts by year, change to sort by title and it will put it in the order you set in the sort title field

Sent from my iPad (typie typie)

Thanks now to figure out why Thor The Dark World and Doctor Strange aren't loading anymore. They loaded just fine before I started trying to do this sort order.

EDIT: Figured out what was wrong and everything is working right.
Is the scrapper in ME 2.4.2 supposed to download posters,fanart,etc.. when multiple titles are selected? It seems as if it only downloads the art for the first and last titles. Those titles in between the art is NOT downloaded. If you go thru each title manually and scrape the artwork is downloaded. I just spent several days doing just that! I even tried ME 2.4.3 nightly build but it does the same.
I'm kind of a noob... but I believe MediaElch fails to install on Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus? Is there (or will there be) a way to do it? If there is, a step-by-step, foolproof tutorial would be highly appreciated... Smile
(2017-09-02, 12:47)number6 Wrote: I'm kind of a noob... but I believe MediaElch fails to install on Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus? Is there (or will there be) a way to do it? If there is, a step-by-step, foolproof tutorial would be highly appreciated... Smile

Have a look at this post (and a few following that): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2293788

I think you will get it to work that way Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2017-09-02, 18:12)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2017-09-02, 12:47)number6 Wrote: I'm kind of a noob... but I believe MediaElch fails to install on Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus? Is there (or will there be) a way to do it? If there is, a step-by-step, foolproof tutorial would be highly appreciated... Smile

Have a look at this post (and a few following that): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2293788

I think you will get it to work that way Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

Thank you very much! That worked as a charm!!
Anyone knows where to download older versions of MediaElch? Last ver. 2.4.2 seems not to scrap music.
(2017-09-18, 13:42)neoleo Wrote: Anyone knows where to download older versions of MediaElch? Last ver. 2.4.2 seems not to scrap music.

Things were changed on the music scraper side, so older versions wouldn't work either.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-09-18, 14:59)calvin8714 Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 13:42)neoleo Wrote: Anyone knows where to download older versions of MediaElch? Last ver. 2.4.2 seems not to scrap music.

Things were changed on the music scraper side, so older versions wouldn't work either.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Local scraper seems to work fine on Krypton, just needs the nfo files. Anyone with an older version of Mediaelch? Thanks.
This is amazing..finally I can easily fix my art and even data. Thank you for this app - not sure why I have not found it before now!

Is it still being developed? I noticed not many recent updates so just curious. I'd like to donate on this one if it is because it's incredible.

One question though, Kodi doesn't seem to use the new artwork when I sync..it is only using already cached artwork..am I missing a step? It updates it locally (as in it renames the right artwork etc), and I see Kodi refreshing the data..but of course because of how Kodi caches images, nothing updates..Kodi continues to use the cached poster not the new local one.. ? (Solved this..was the normal cache stuff, had to remove my textures13.db to update images)
(2017-10-29, 04:23)NewYears1978 Wrote: This is amazing..finally I can easily fix my art and even data. Thank you for this app - not sure why I have not found it before now!

Is it still being developed? I noticed not many recent updates so just curious. I'd like to donate on this one if it is because it's incredible.

One question though, Kodi doesn't seem to use the new artwork when I sync..it is only using already cached artwork..am I missing a step? It updates it locally (as in it renames the right artwork etc), and I see Kodi refreshing the data..but of course because of how Kodi caches images, nothing updates..Kodi continues to use the cached poster not the new local one.. ? (Solved this..was the normal cache stuff, had to remove my textures13.db to update images)

Yes MediaElch is amazing couldn't do without it for my kodi setup.

To remove a cached image easily without deleting the textures13.db file you can use the great program Texture Cache Maintenance Utility
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9