• 151(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
I only got to respond now, but I read your response right away - thanks, Andre!
(2019-02-21, 01:20)Powerhouse Wrote: It's currently supported through scrappers, but not through local file system artwork, and works similar to Extrafanarts.

Sure local file system artwork for MovieSets is working!
(2019-03-13, 00:27)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 01:20)Powerhouse Wrote: It's currently supported through scrappers, but not through local file system artwork, and works similar to Extrafanarts.

Sure local file system artwork for MovieSets is working! 
What does that mean? Kodi is still working on MovieSets, and wont be fully implemented until Kodi 19. Please see the Wiki regarding MovieSets.

Let me quote...
"v18 is currently being modified to enable the scraping of Movie Set Artwork, similar to the scraping of regular Fanart and Posters. Core changes are required for this feature. As of February 2018, those changes have not yet commenced so it is not yet available in the nightlies."
I believe the date is messed up, it should say As of February 2019...

I've been using the Movie Set Artwork Automator (MSAA), that has all the specific Artwork for MovieSets, and await how Kodi is going to implement all this Artwork for MovieSets (in the Original Movie Folder of the Set, or a Separate folder like MSAA does, or something in-between).
(2019-03-13, 18:09)Powerhouse Wrote: What does that mean? Kodi is still working on MovieSets, and wont be fully implemented until Kodi 19. Please see the Wiki regarding MovieSets.

Kodi itself can not do it.

MSAA can only read them into kodi - MSAA is actually already legacy/outdated - only in my opinion

ArtworkBeef can all MovieSet Artwork scrape/download and read them into kodi - all!
  • On using parent folder system support for both, without and with moviesetname prefix-> Moviesetname-arttype.ext or arttype.ext
  • And also central folder system supported (if not want to use subfolders for collections but still want collection artwork download local) -> Moviesetname-arttype.ext
  • (It makes ArtworkBeef also no difference which file extension is used - for e.g. i use for Matrix collection a animated fanart, and for Star Wars collection a animated clearlogo - it all works)

• Media Manager Media Companion can also easily scrape/download MovieSet Artwork
  • Also both storaging and naming systems like in AB are supported.

What more could i want?

Since MediaElch is mostly ahead of other media managers at the time, I would have thought that everything was already integrated.
Hmmm, will have to test with ArtworkBeef regarding MovieSets artwork. Now I'm wondering if AeonMQ8 will be able to recognize the artwork downloaded from ArtworkBeef for MovieSets, I will have to ask in that thread.

Also, MediaElch does have a section on MovieSets, and is really handy, but I believe the code needs to be updated for Kodi 18.x (or maybe it has, but I'm not using the latest release 2.6.
(2019-02-21, 01:20)Powerhouse Wrote: I find it odd, that Kodi now supports Extrafanarts, but not in a folder, yet still puts Extrathumbs in a separate folder (oh, and .actors as well).

But, if we are going for future requests, I read that Kodi 19 will have Movie Set Artwork integrated as well. It's currently supported through scrappers, but not through local file system artwork, and works similar to Extrafanarts.

All these fanarts are going to make my Movie folders look like crap. #Bringbackfoldersupportforfanarts

After years of creating folder structures for movies and tv shows in Kodi that complied with the wiki, to reverse engineer my video library structure now is bloody annoying.  It was manually intensive to rename all the additional artwork files downloaded from Artwork Downloader since its inception and I'll have to consider if there's any point in bothering with extra fanart now as some point in the future it could change again or worse revert back to the original folder structures.
(2019-04-06, 19:44)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 01:20)Powerhouse Wrote: I find it odd, that Kodi now supports Extrafanarts, but not in a folder, yet still puts Extrathumbs in a separate folder (oh, and .actors as well).

But, if we are going for future requests, I read that Kodi 19 will have Movie Set Artwork integrated as well. It's currently supported through scrappers, but not through local file system artwork, and works similar to Extrafanarts.

All these fanarts are going to make my Movie folders look like crap. #Bringbackfoldersupportforfanarts

After years of creating folder structures for movies and tv shows in Kodi that complied with the wiki, to reverse engineer my video library structure now is bloody annoying.  It was manually intensive to rename all the additional artwork files downloaded from Artwork Downloader since its inception and I'll have to consider if there's any point in bothering with extra fanart now as some point in the future it could change again or worse revert back to the original folder structures. 

Well, I imagine... someone who is a bigger nerd than me... assuming your movie folder structure is something like mine

Movies\<moviename>\extrafanart

Can write some sort of batch file that can simply go through your library and copy all the extra fanart to the upper directory.
I don't know how to do this myself but based on past experience of taking other peoples advice including using batch files.... I'm 99.9% this is possible... making it a 3 second job.
There are actually 3 problems with your Idea of Batch files moves...

1. Having to Rename all the Fanart from the original name to the new naming sceme (not really that hard to batch rename as well, since the names would be fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc. The problem comes up with...

2. The Original naming came from the websites you downloaded the artwork from. So by changing the name to fanart1, fanart2, etc, how does the website know which artwork you've downloaded? Which leads to...

3. Websites downloading twice the artwork on your system (and everyone else as well), until all the add-on creaters fix their utilities to someone link the websites artwork, with your file naming (fanart1.jpg, etc). This might require some kind of Kodi database to link the two. I really don't know how the Kodi devs are going to work around these issues, but I guess we will see.

I would have prefered they stick with what we have all been using for years (the extrafanart folder), but I guess they have their reasons for what they are doing.
All of my fanart is named fanart0.jpg, fanart1.jpg etc. I don't have any of the crazy random character names.
But like you said... doing a rename shouldn't be a big deal either. I know I can easily do it manually by creating a 'droplet' with 'Better File Rename' and simply dragging the art files on to it. Takes a second per movie.
I understand the concept of that for Kodi knowing which files they are but once you get your artwork you shouldn't have to download any more so I don't really understand why its necessaryHuh

And yeah... why do they even make changes like this? Especially when they know people like us have been spending years setting up our file structures.
(2019-04-07, 13:11)huttdes Wrote: I understand the concept of that for Kodi knowing which files they are but once you get your artwork you shouldn't have to download any more so I don't really understand why its necessaryHuh

How are the website providers of the artwork going to know which fanart of theirs you have downloaded, if you have renamed all of their artwork? Right, they aren't, so they will see you have no artwork with their names, so they will download it again. Image how much extra bandwidth that will take up on their end, not to mention all the extra fanart you will now have.
(2019-04-08, 02:08)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 13:11)huttdes Wrote: I understand the concept of that for Kodi knowing which files they are but once you get your artwork you shouldn't have to download any more so I don't really understand why its necessaryHuh

How are the website providers of the artwork going to know which fanart of theirs you have downloaded, if you have renamed all of their artwork? Right, they aren't, so they will see you have no artwork with their names, so they will download it again. Image how much extra bandwidth that will take up on their end, not to mention all the extra fanart you will now have. 

Maybe I'm not understanding something here or I'm doing something wrong.
I'm actually in the process updating all of my metadata and artwork.
Going through each movie one at a time and seeing if I need to update or add to my artwork. Selecting specifically which artwork I want... since all of them are not worth having.
Download what I need and batch rename the files.
That movie is now done... never to need anything downloaded again...
Using MediaElch 2.6, has anyone been able to download Movie Set artwork? When trying to download a Movie Set Poster or Backdrop, I get the error "No Images Found" using either Fanart.tv or The Movie DB. 

For example, if I search for 300 Collection, I get nothing. But If I go to Fanart.tv and search for 300 Collection, there are lots of images to download (logo, Poster, clearart, cdart, background, banner, thumbs). So what is this new MediaElch missing?
Would anyone be able to point me to an export file (metadata.xml) so that I can export to Kodi?  Mine is not working at all.
Using MediaElch 2.6 I've created an advancedsettings.xml file to map video codecs like this:
<videoCodecs>
<map from="v_mpeg4/iso/avc" to="h264" />
</videoCodecs>

this worked fine in previous official release 2.4.2 but it's ignoring the mapping now so I have to manually replace avc with h264 in the streamdetails.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
If MediaElch is still being actively maintained, can you be aware of, and make necessary updates for this problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345098
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9