• 153(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2019-07-10, 07:28)archer96 Wrote: Hi everyone,

@wisnoskij, sorry, I misunderstood your point.
Everyone is welcome to help MediaElch in any way. Smile
I'd like to fix the issue regarding those crashes myself (because I already have some possible fixes in mind). But if you'd like to add new code to MediaElch or improve it otherwise, that would be great! I don't mind maintaining other people's code at all. That's what makes open-source open.

@Zachary.Murphy, great to hear. There are a few pain points that I want to fix in the next months.
Any help is very welcome!
MediaElch is written in C++. I've recently switched to CMake as our build system generator (at least for development; the user documentation still uses QMake).
The first step would be to get MediaElch to compile on  your system and see if it's working.

If you're interested in developing MediaElch and improving it, you can send me a message.
We can discuss some pain points and where to start (e.g. moving inline stylesheets to a `.css` file, etc.).
Otherwise there are a lot of issues on GitHub that need attention. Many small features were requested which may be easy to implement. Smile

If you're not a developer then  MediaElch may still need your help. Our documentation was just recently added with v2.6.0 and has a lot of "work-in-progress" notes.
And if anyone here is bilingual, our translations need to be updated (see TRANSIFIX link).

Regrads,
Andre

Sure, I would be glad to help you with MediaManager. I'll have to familiarize myself with CMake but that shouldn't be hard at all. I do happen to be fluent within C++. You can direct message me anytime for more information such as my Contact Information, My Portfolio, and other Essentials.
(2019-07-11, 18:18)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Sure, I would be glad to help you with MediaManager. I'll have to familiarize myself with CMake but that shouldn't be hard at all. I do happen to be fluent within C++. You can direct message me anytime for more information such as my Contact Information, My Portfolio, and other Essentials.

Thanks! Smile
I'll message you on the weekend.

(PS: The CMake build currently does not work on Windows due to ZLIB issues; QMake still works, though.)
(2019-07-11, 18:24)archer96 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 18:18)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Sure, I would be glad to help you with MediaManager. I'll have to familiarize myself with CMake but that shouldn't be hard at all. I do happen to be fluent within C++. You can direct message me anytime for more information such as my Contact Information, My Portfolio, and other Essentials.

Thanks! Smile
I'll message you on the weekend.

(PS: The CMake build currently does not work on Windows due to ZLIB issues; QMake still works, though.) 

Okay, cool. I'll be awaiting your response on the weekend. Thanks, for the heads-up about CMake currently not working on Windows its good for me to then work around that possible issue that could occur with CMake.
Is there a 32bit version of latest dev build? I'm restricted to Win 7 32 due to HP not making WiFi drivers for 64bit, and I've just recently been having issues with grabbing metadata from themoviedb
(2019-07-19, 22:33)spong_miester Wrote: Is there a 32bit version of latest dev build? I'm restricted to Win 7 32 due to HP not making WiFi drivers for 64bit, and I've just recently been having issues with grabbing metadata from themoviedb

Hi,
no, there is no 32bit support, sorry.
I don't have any system to test 32bit versions of MediaElch nor do I know if all of MediaElch's dependencies still support 32bit.

I could try to build a 32bit version for you, but no guarantee that it works because I don't plan on adding official support for it. Smile
(it's just too outdated; I haven't seen a 32bit system in years Undecided )

Regards,
Andre
Hi All

The TVDB scraper seems to have stopped working on Mediaelch. It had been working, and then in the last few days stopped working. I deleted the .nfo and other files of a show which I'd already scraped and then tried to scrape it again, nothing.

The movie scraper is working fine. I haven't made any changes to my system. Any idea what this might be? Is it just me?

Thanks
(2019-08-02, 03:11)Tstrbl Wrote: Hi All

The TVDB scraper seems to have stopped working on Mediaelch. It had been working, and then in the last few days stopped working. I deleted the .nfo and other files of a show which I'd already scraped and then tried to scrape it again, nothing.

The movie scraper is working fine. I haven't made any changes to my system. Any idea what this might be? Is it just me?

Thanks
Same here! Is there a solution for this problem?
(2019-08-02, 16:19)Slurm Wrote:

Thanks
TheTVDB is changing their site and API so thats why it didn't work. But it does now so if it still doesn't work for you there's something wrong in your end I guess.
(2019-08-03, 16:32)inzzzomnia Wrote:
(2019-08-02, 16:19)Slurm Wrote:

Thanks
TheTVDB is changing their site and API so thats why it didn't work. But it does now so if it still doesn't work for you there's something wrong in your end I guess. 

I can confirm it's working for me again.
(2019-07-03, 00:34)Powerhouse Wrote: Karellen, that user probably has an older version of the software that wasn't pulling down TVDB or IMDB info on the Shows. If they use the latest version of MediaElch (2.6) then rescan the show in MediaElch, it should fill in the TVDB and IMDB information on the TV Shows.
So I have a similar problem but with a slight twist. I am using v2.60 and use MediaElch to scrap for movies only. The nfo file generated by MediaElch for any given movie has the relevant imdb and tmdb id. However, the format of the ID tags is apparently incompatible (as pointed out by Karellen - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2875441) with Kodi and some of the addons (Light IMDB ratings updater for example).

The format in nfo files by MediaElch:
xml:

<id>tt1935179</id>
<tmdbid>103731</tmdbid>

Format Karellen pointed out:
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt0405422</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">6957</uniqueid>
(2019-08-07, 23:03)monisriz Wrote:
(2019-07-03, 00:34)Powerhouse Wrote: Karellen, that user probably has an older version of the software that wasn't pulling down TVDB or IMDB info on the Shows. If they use the latest version of MediaElch (2.6) then rescan the show in MediaElch, it should fill in the TVDB and IMDB information on the TV Shows.
So I have a similar problem but with a slight twist. I am using v2.60 and use MediaElch to scrap for movies only. The nfo file generated by MediaElch for any given movie has the relevant imdb and tmdb id. However, the format of the ID tags is apparently incompatible (as pointed out by Karellen - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2875441) with Kodi and some of the addons (Light IMDB ratings updater for example).

The format in nfo files by MediaElch:
xml:

<id>tt1935179</id>
<tmdbid>103731</tmdbid>

Format Karellen pointed out:
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt0405422</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">6957</uniqueid>

Hi,

you are correct. MediaElch v2.6.0 creates invalid ID tags for Kodi v17 and above. That has been fixed in v2.6.1-dev Smile
Karellen helped a me to get that fixed. A new MediaElch version will be released when I've fixed a few problems that lead to crashes.
I'm currently writing my bachelor's thesis and am a bit behind my schedule, so I won't have much time to develop on MediaElch for the next ~3 weeks, though.

The latest nightly should fix your problem Smile

Regards,
Andre
MediaElch is a great little program, and very handy.  But I'm having a weird issue with one particular movie...

For several weeks now, every time I reload the movies MediaElch insists on renaming Captain Marvel to Captain America.  And each time I have to manually go in and change the names of the files created (everything is renamed ca.*)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running MediaElch on Ubuntu 19.04.
(2019-08-13, 18:29)crankyoldbugger Wrote: For several weeks now, every time I reload the movies MediaElch insists on renaming Captain Marvel to Captain America.  And each time I have to manually go in and change the names of the files created (everything is renamed ca.*)
Hi,

that's a really strange issue.
Was Captain Marvel scraped correctly?

Could you please tell me:
  1. The name of the folder containing "Captain Marvel"
  2. If possible, could you paste the movie's NFO file to https://paste.kodi.tv and post the URL here? Maybe MediaElch get's confused...
  3. MediaElch version (e.g. 2.6.0 oder 2.6.1-dev)

Regards,
Andre
(2019-08-13, 20:52)archer96 Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 18:29)crankyoldbugger Wrote: For several weeks now, every time I reload the movies MediaElch insists on renaming Captain Marvel to Captain America.  And each time I have to manually go in and change the names of the files created (everything is renamed ca.*)
Hi,

that's a really strange issue.
Was Captain Marvel scraped correctly?

Could you please tell me:
  2. If possible, could you paste the movie's NFO file to https://paste.kodi.tv and post the URL here? Maybe MediaElch get's confused...

Regards,
Andre 
Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I actually tried several rips of Captain Marvel so I don't think it's the file itself.  As to your questions:

the same folder that Captain America is in: (servername)/Movies/Action

https://paste.kodi.tv/jogiwukeve

MediaElch 2.6.0

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
(2019-08-13, 21:54)crankyoldbugger Wrote: Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I actually tried several rips of Captain Marvel so I don't think it's the file itself.  As to your questions:

the same folder that Captain America is in: (servername)/Movies/Action

https://paste.kodi.tv/jogiwukeve

MediaElch 2.6.0

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
Hi,

thanks. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.
My best guess is that MediaElch's database is in an inconsistent state or has somehow been messed up. That shouldn't happen, so this is just a assumption.
Could you delete MediaElch.sqlite in MediaElch's cache folder and try again? (see docs)
That won't delete any settings but you need to reload all entries.

Or, before you do that: What does MediaElch tell you when you do a dry run? Smile

Regards,
Andre
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9