• 163(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hello! I've been using MediaElch for ages now, I love it, thank you very much! I submitted a request on GitHub for an update (https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1001) but figured I'd ask here too in case anyone has an easy fix.

I'd like to be able to add more 'Set' information than is possible at the moment, namely information and clearart...is there an easy way to do this? Kodi's scraper pulls this information but I can't find an easy way to do it in MediaElch?
(2020-07-08, 12:37)MDUKRPI Wrote: Hello! I've been using MediaElch for ages now, I love it, thank you very much! I submitted a request on GitHub for an update (https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1001) but figured I'd ask here too in case anyone has an easy fix.

I'd like to be able to add more 'Set' information than is possible at the moment, namely information and clearart...is there an easy way to do this? Kodi's scraper pulls this information but I can't find an easy way to do it in MediaElch?

Hi,

other users have asked for that as well. Sadly, I do not have the time to implement it as there are other issues and features that I'm working on for the next few months (e.g. to improve Kodi compatibility, etc). Thanks for creating the GitHub issue so that I can keep track of it. :-)
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2020-07-11, 10:45)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 12:37)MDUKRPI Wrote: Hello! I've been using MediaElch for ages now, I love it, thank you very much! I submitted a request on GitHub for an update (https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1001) but figured I'd ask here too in case anyone has an easy fix.

Hi,

other users have asked for that as well. Sadly, I do not have the time to implement it as there are other issues and features that I'm working on for the next few months (e.g. to improve Kodi compatibility, etc). Thanks for creating the GitHub issue so that I can keep track of it. :-)

Ahh I see, okay. It appears that the metadata file generated in MediaElch gives the option for set description, it just doesn't scrape it?
(2020-07-20, 08:11)MDUKRPI Wrote: Ahh I see, okay. It appears that the metadata file generated in MediaElch gives the option for set description, it just doesn't scrape it?

Yes, MediaElch does not scrape collection/set descriptions as of now.
unfortunately all my movie folders now have unwanted fanart files and nfo files and actor folders etc. from using mediaelch.
is there a way to remove all of this and leave only the single movie file in its folder?
(2020-09-01, 05:55)hammersmith Wrote: unfortunately all my movie folders now have unwanted fanart files and nfo files and actor folders etc. from using mediaelch.
That is what it is meant to do. It is a media manager to prepare files for use in Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-01, 05:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 05:55)hammersmith Wrote: unfortunately all my movie folders now have unwanted fanart files and nfo files and actor folders etc. from using mediaelch.
That is what it is meant to do. It is a media manager to prepare files for use in Kodi.

well that's like saying "i accidentally shot myself with my gun" and the doctor saying "well that's what the gun's supposed to do. why do you want to remove the bullet?"

i was hoping there was a way to remove everything except the mkv movie.
There is no undo feature in MediaElch or any of the media managers (that I am aware of).

What is wrong with just doing a search and delete? Search *.nfo, highlight the results and delete? Same with *.jpg and *.png. Obviously I have no idea what platform you are using but in Windows it is that easy.

What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can point you to something better suited to your needs.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-02, 01:41)Karellen Wrote: There is no undo feature in MediaElch or any of the media managers (that I am aware of).

What is wrong with just doing a search and delete? Search *.nfo, highlight the results and delete? Same with *.jpg and *.png. Obviously I have no idea what platform you are using but in Windows it is that easy.

What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can point you to something better suited to your needs.

i guess that's the only way.
it's just there are more than just jpgs, nfos, and pngs. there are also the folders for extrafanart, actors, etc.
some other media managers do actually have a remove nfo and jpg option. mediaelch doesn't though.
(2020-09-02, 21:22)hammersmith Wrote: i guess that's the only way.
it's just there are more than just jpgs, nfos, and pngs. there are also the folders for extrafanart, actors, etc.
some other media managers do actually have a remove nfo and jpg option. mediaelch doesn't though.

Yes, MediaElch generates all those files by intent. There is currently no "delete NFO file" function and it isn't planned. MediaElch is based on NFO files. If you remove them and reload the movie list then all information is lost. That is by design.
This is not optimized for High DPI monitors?
(2020-09-12, 00:40)Zodler Wrote: This is not optimized for High DPI monitors?

Hi,

sadly no. It's in our backlog ("TODO list") but I didn't have time to test it, yet.
Hello,
I'm a brand new french Mediaelch user and first of all I would like to say to the dev team a big THANK YOU for such a piece of softawre !
Especially for the music collection feature with the DISCOGS scraper (MUSICBRAINZ would be great in addition), it will save me a lot of time...
Ok that is done!

I've such a "huge" KODI very well organized until now with MP3TAG (for music with Discogs scrapper) and especially with the excellent TMM for videos as follow:

Series: showname (year) [Genre]\Sxx\showname_SxxExx_episodetitle_[videocodec_resolution-audiocodec_channelsch].ext
example ->Masada (1981) [Peplum]\S01\Masada_S01E01_Part I_[XVID_480p-AC3_2ch].avi
Movies: movietitle [year] (director) [imdbID] (resolution) [genre]\movietitle_(year)_[videocodec_resolution-audiocodec_channelsch].ext
example ->Freejack [1992] (Geoff Murphy) [tt0104299] (360p) [Science-Fiction]\Freejack_(1992)_[h264_360p-AC3_2ch].avi

So as a features request:
- it would be perfect (for a non-english user as I am) to add the TMDB scraper use for the TV shows (the FR support for shows is growing very fast...).
- could it be possible to extend the renaming options with <director> placeholder?
- and exact height as <resolution> because when trying to rename it writes "SD" (where I usually need 360p/480/720p etc... for resolution)?

Don't blame me if you guys think I'm asking too much, it's only a quest for perfection (IMHO) and this awesome masterpiece of software is almost the Graal !

Thank you once again !
have 2 quick questions.

i use mediaelch to scrape shows using tvdb mainly to add fanart.
i've set kodi to scrape with tvdb.

now if i want to change the fanart with mediaelch what do i need to do so that kodi uses the new fanart?

number 2,
do i need mediaelch to scrape individual episodes or can kodi do that?
what is the proper way to have mediaelch scrape a new series i add to my collection and then have kodi update individual episodes that i later add?
(2020-09-18, 00:16)gorekhaa Wrote: I'm a brand new french Mediaelch user and first of all I would like to say to the dev team a big THANK YOU for such a piece of softawre !
Especially for the music collection feature with the DISCOGS scraper (MUSICBRAINZ would be great in addition), it will save me a lot of time...

Thanks for your kind words. :-)

(2020-09-18, 00:16)gorekhaa Wrote: So as a features request:
(1) it would be perfect (for a non-english user as I am) to add the TMDB scraper use for the TV shows (the FR support for shows is growing very fast...).
(2) could it be possible to extend the renaming options with <director> placeholder?
(3) and exact height as <resolution> because when trying to rename it writes "SD" (where I usually need 360p/480/720p etc... for resolution)?

(numbers added by me):

(1) Will be added by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/972
I've been working on that for quite a while. Because it still needs improvements and I hadn't had any time in the last 3 to 4 months, I wasn't able to merge it, yet. But with that change MediaElch will have TMDb support for TV shows as well.

(2) Will be added by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1021

(3) SD should only be used for resolutions <480p. The mapping can be found here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/...#L744-L771
Do your movies have correct Streamdetails (see tab Streamdetails)?
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9