• 170(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2021-01-18, 16:14)defleppard Wrote: There are some trick to download Poster and  fanart for movies collection?

Hi,

while it is possible to download fanart for collections (go to the collection and click on the missing image), MediaElch does not fully support them, yet. It's on my TODO list. :-)
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2021-01-17, 08:55)Kallita Wrote: first you had asked where I was getting most of my subtitles from - The ones that are missing from the shows themselves I will grab in kodi itself using the opensubtitle site, I can find most of them that way, but it would be much more convenient to have it be downloaded and put in place as part of the scrape if they are missing.

Thank you. I've opened a feature request to keep track of this issue here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1202

(2021-01-17, 08:55)Kallita Wrote:  second (and I am not sure if this is related to the post above about not saving nfo for tvshows when scraping multiples. I am having a similar problem that I have noticed occure when "Multi Movie Scraping". For example I was scraping my movies that start with the letter D - about 25 movies or so- the first one being Daredevil . I watch as the program downloads all 7 of the available "pictures" for Daredevil, saves and then moves on to the next movie in the list. But when I go back after all the movies are done, click on daredevil , and only the two that were in place prior to the scrape are there. If I do the scrapes one at a time all 7 are downloaded ,I will Save them and they will be there the next time I click on that movie.
In case it helps windows 10 64 bit 20h2 with latest mediaelch 2.8.4 

I've opened a bug report here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1203

I'm working a rewriting some movie-scrapers. I'll try to reproduce this issue and make sure that it is fixed.

(2021-01-17, 08:55)Kallita Wrote: I thought i would mention that my list of shows on the left has a really annoying tendancy to jump around.... I will click on something and it will jump to the bottom of the window - i will click on something else and everything will jump with whatever I clicked on suddenly at the top of the windows.....not sure if this is a "feature " or not but for me it is annoying. I can live with it if needed Wink  
thanks for your time and program.
me

It's bug that I'm aware of but it requires a lot of work to fix and I didn't have the time, yet. Undecided
It's a lot of work because I have to read into some Qt concepts (the user interface library that MediaElch uses).

Regards,
Andre
MediaElch v2.8.6 - Coridian

The next stable version 2.8.6 is here!

Blog Post: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-bl...ch-v2.8.6/
Documentation: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html

What's new?
No internal changes this time. Only bugfixes. :-)
Streamdetails now detect the file's duration again, translations were updated and more. Have a look at our changelog for more details.

Where can I download MediaElch?
Stable releases can be downloaded from https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/download.html
We have a download-mirror on bintray.com as well.

For Linux distributions we provide repositories for Ubuntu (.deb) and openSUSE (.rpm).
For Windows we also provide a Chocolatey package.

Where can I get help?
For general question use Kodi forums, e.g.

- [English] https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333 (this thread)
- [German] https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre.../?pageNo=1

If you find a bug, please open an issue on https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues

Changelog
Check out the full changelog at https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...notes.html
Question 
Hello, I wonder if I am using MediaElch correctly or not.

I have:
  • A Kodi installation on a Raspberry Pi (ARM) with local USB disk with my media. The collection is shared via KODI web interface.
  • My main desktop connected to the network (from which I can access the KODI interface from my browser) with MediaElch.
As from KODI's perspective the media is local I guess that MediaElch should populate the collection from KODI web interface, but after configuring it in settings (RaspberryPi IP, port, username, passwd) I do not find my collection anywere in MediaElchs (whereas I can see it in the browser). Should I configure the collection from samba-mounted directories in my main Desktop? If so, how does MediaElch relates the files with the KODI ones between two different machines?

I can try to manage the collection directly from the RaspberryPi, but as is ARM the AppImage won't work, neither I have managed to compile from source. Is there any ARM AppImage?

On the other hand I prefer to manage the collection remotely as I am trying, but maybe I am missing something and this is not possible?

Any Help?
Thanks.
(2021-01-27, 01:48)dpermar Wrote: I have:
  • A Kodi installation on a Raspberry Pi (ARM) with local USB disk with my media. The collection is shared via KODI web interface.
  • My main desktop connected to the network (from which I can access the KODI interface from my browser) with MediaElch.
As from KODI's perspective the media is local I guess that MediaElch should populate the collection from KODI web interface, but after configuring it in settings (RaspberryPi IP, port, username, passwd) I do not find my collection anywere in MediaElchs (whereas I can see it in the browser). Should I configure the collection from samba-mounted directories in my main Desktop? If so, how does MediaElch relates the files with the KODI ones between two different machines?

I can try to manage the collection directly from the RaspberryPi, but as is ARM the AppImage won't work, neither I have managed to compile from source. Is there any ARM AppImage?

On the other hand I prefer to manage the collection remotely as I am trying, but maybe I am missing something and this is not possible?

Any Help?
Thanks.

Hi there,

MediaElch needs direct access to your media files. Either by putting your USB stick in your PC or by some other type of network share (e.g. SAMBA, etc.). MediaElch can't access your media files through Kodi's web interface. MediaElch is used for creating NFO files and therefore needs access to a filesystem. :-)

Regards,
Andre
Hi @bugwelle 

It's great to see mediaelch still getting the updates. Haven't been on kodi for awhile but getting back into movies again.

Could you add option to save the extrafanarts (fanart1,2,3 etc) beside the movie file along with other artwork and not in a separate folder.

As mine are stored beside movie file they don't get displayed in the extrafanarts tab in mediaelch.

Do you have a dark version of mediaelch by any chance? You mentioned about styling in changelog.

Thanks in advance
(2021-01-28, 03:45)the_bo Wrote: Could you add option to save the extrafanarts (fanart1,2,3 etc) beside the movie file along with other artwork and not in a separate folder.

Yes but not in the near future. My current roadmap looks like this:

- new movie scrapers
- refactor movie file searcher (has a lot of issues)

That will take a few months (I have exams during the next few weeks and university projects after that).

(2021-01-28, 03:45)the_bo Wrote: Do you have a dark version of mediaelch by any chance? You mentioned about styling in changelog.

Depends on your system. Do you use Linux or Windows? Smile
For MediaElch to be able to have a dark theme, I have to prepare a lot of internal stuff first. It doesn't have high priority at the moment. Undecided

Regards,
Andre
Hello, congratulations for this great media manager.

I have found that I can Scrape directly from TMDB from the search dialog typing:
"id<my.media.tmdb.ID>"
And works great... unless the media is not a movie but (for example) a TV show, that (apparently) use a diferent set of IDs (so that there can be two (or more) identical IDs: one for a movie; other for a TV show; (etc.)

This particular TV show does appear in my movie list (not the TV list), so, is there a way to explicitly tell MediaElch I am looking for a TV id instead of a Movie ID? Can I force this show to appear in the TV shows list instead of the Movies list?

Thanks!
(2021-01-29, 13:27)dpermar Wrote: Hello, congratulations for this great media manager.

I have found that I can Scrape directly from TMDB from the search dialog typing:
"id<my.media.tmdb.ID>"
And works great... unless the media is not a movie but (for example) a TV show, that (apparently) use a diferent set of IDs (so that there can be two (or more) identical IDs: one for a movie; other for a TV show; (etc.)

This particular TV show does appear in my movie list (not the TV list), so, is there a way to explicitly tell MediaElch I am looking for a TV id instead of a Movie ID? Can I force this show to appear in the TV shows list instead of the Movies list?

Thanks!

Hi,

MediaElch will only search for movies in the movie list. And only for TV shows in the TV show list. The TMDb API returns different structures for TV shows and movies.
If you search for a TV show, you can search for a TMDb ID without the "id" prefix, e.g. Search for 456 and you will get The Simpsons. :-)
(I may require an ID prefix in the future to avoid ambiguities and to be consistent with the movie search).

Why does your TV show appear in the movie list view? Is that on purpose? :-)

Regards,
Andre
https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/965

Could you implement random screenshot for extrafanarts too sometime.

Many thanks
Wink 
(2021-01-29, 20:15)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 13:27)dpermar Wrote: Hello, congratulations for this great media manager.

"id<my.media.tmdb.ID>"

Thanks!

Hi,

MediaElch will only search for movies in the movie list. And only for TV shows in the TV show list. The TMDb API returns different structures for TV shows and movies.
If you search for a TV show, you can search for a TMDb ID without the "id" prefix, e.g. Search for 456 and you will get The Simpsons. :-)
(I may require an ID prefix in the future to avoid ambiguities and to be consistent with the movie search).

Why does your TV show appear in the movie list view? Is that on purpose? :-)

Regards,
Andre

Just a directory with mixed stuff! I will separate it and go. Thanks!
(2021-01-29, 21:06)the_bo Wrote: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/965

Could you implement random screenshot for extrafanarts too sometime.

Many thanks

hmm... I'll look into it. It's easier to add for images that are shown in the sidebar, though. :-)
I've opened a feature request here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1208
[font]Hello, when using MediaElch I find that sometimes two (non-duplicates) movies are scraped as the same movie. Then If I do a batch renaming of all I review the action by the "Dry Run" option. That's great, but it would be better if in the "Dry Run list" there was a per-item checkbox so that some files are excluded from the rename. Is there such an option or the plan to implement it?

Thanks.[/font]
(2021-01-31, 13:31)dpermar Wrote: [font]Hello, when using MediaElch I find that sometimes two (non-duplicates) movies are scraped as the same movie. Then If I do a batch renaming of all I review the action by the "Dry Run" option. That's great, but it would be better if in the "Dry Run list" there was a per-item checkbox so that some files are excluded from the rename. Is there such an option or the plan to implement it?

Thanks.[/font]

Hi,

such feature is not planned, yet. What movies are scraped as the same one? Smile
Hello, I just saw that the thumbnail size for tv show episodes is 400x225, I use the camera button to extract an image from a video but the thumbnails size is 400x225 while my videos are 1920x1080 and there are some others skin that display the thumbnail in a big size so the thumbnail seem to be be of poor quality... So is it possible to extract images with that camera but in 1920x1080 instead of 400x225 ?
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9