Activate secondary display profile on XBMC launch
Hi there,

I may have over complicated things for myself a little bit, but here goes. Tongue

I have a high end PC in the spare room, which is used for work and gaming. In the main room, I have a mid-range HTPC running XBMC for all of my networked media and live TV, hooked up to a 50" TV. I am interested in using the PC in the spare room to play games on the TV in the main room.

I intend to use a 15m HDMI cable from the pc to the TV, connected to an automatic HDMI switcher in the same port as the HTPC. What I aim to achieve is the most seamless integration from the HTPC display to the PC display as possible. I intend to run a secondary version of the XBMC application on the PC with advance launcher plugin that will allow me to launch any installed game on my secondary display (i.e. the 50" TV).

As the HDMI switcher automatically switches to the last detected display, (intended for when you turn on a DVD player etc.) I was wondering if it would be possible to create a profile that activates a dual monitor display on my PC when I launch a specific application, in this case XBMC.

To launch the application from the main room I will write a batch command, to launch XBMC on the spare room PC which I will then map to one of the keys on the HTPC remote.

Essentially, when I press a specific button on the HTPC remote, it launches a secondary version of XBMC which activates a dual display profile, causing the switcher to detect a new display, thus switching inputs automatically.

Hopefully this is something you guys can help with, if not Ill need to rethink my setup a little bit.
Not trying to think the process through for fear of being left behind in the spare room, it would seem possible if using Win/7 or some such the system command displayswitch.exe in a batch should do it.
Sounds like a good idea, I will look into this.

Thank you for your reply.
On further reading, I found a little app called 'Display Changer'. It looks like it changes the display, launches the application and then restores the origianl display once the application closes. Best of all it's free. I will have a mess around with this to see if it does everything I need.

Again, thank you for the reply. It set me on the right path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Activate secondary display profile on XBMC launch0