[solved] [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working
(2016-06-18, 17:08)fritsch Wrote: For Passthrough there is nothing you can remap. For PCM there is - and this is also needed for ION-1

If I disable the TrueHD and DTS-HD in the settings for passthrough, than if I understood KODI is doing the encoding, and on my AVR I am receiving DTS 3/3/.1 ES-ON. Or is there something I can do more ?
I think before I started doing something (that I dont really understood with remapping) I had feeling that my AVR displayed not DTS 3/3/.1 but PCM 5.1. But maybe it's too late for me. Nevertheless I can hear the sound, and most probably my ears will not hear difference between what I have and what I should have Smile
Depends on the kodi version you are running. Since 16.1 if build properly, we can decode 7.1 TrueHD and DTS-HD - depends on the input of course, if it's 5.1 only, we only get 5.1. We do "decoding" and not encoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am using 16.1 and looks like decoding is working fine. Now I got idea to buy dell video port adapter to hdmi and than I can install kodi on the laptop and stream from there. its i5 CPU so should be fine Smile thanks again for help and explanations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working0