[solved] [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working
This is weird, but I noticed something similar to this earlier this week.

I've been running XBMCbuntu on my HTPC and have the latest nightlies. Everything seemed to be fine until the other day when I went to watch The Empire Strikes Back. My files are all h.264 encoded MKVs from Handbrake. I personally ripped my copy of the original trilogy from my own personal copies of the Blu-Ray boxed set that I own and retained the original DTS-HD Master Audio tracks.

When I started Episode V, there was no audio. Weird. I checked my settings and they were fine. It had been a while since I restarted my HTPC, so I rebooted, went back and tried the movie again, still no audio. I randomly picked another movie I had recently watched with a DTS track and it played fine. Went to another movie, it played fine. Went to Empire...no audio. Tried another Star Wars movie, no audio.

Hmm, seems to be an issue with DTS-HD MA tracks. I don't know if this is normal, but with my setup, for as long as I can remember in XBMC, in the audio settings, HDMI and Optical both do the same thing. I think I had it set to HDMI, so I switched it to Optical, and voila! The sound was back in all its multi-channel glory. I stopped the movie, tried another Star Wars movie, no audio again. Switched from Optical back to HDMI and the sound was back.

I know this doesn't really explain anything, but for some reason, on my setup at least, switching back and forth between HDMI and Optical fixes whatever glitch there is with DTS-HD MA tracks. As I said before, I do not experience this phenomena on any other type of track, DTS, AC3, MP3, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by DaVu - 2012-07-20, 19:02
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by direx - 2012-07-26, 10:52
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by DaVu - 2012-07-26, 12:34
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by constrictor - 2012-07-26, 21:04
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by direx - 2012-07-26, 22:23
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by DaVu - 2012-07-27, 00:00
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by Memphiz - 2012-07-27, 10:17
RE: [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working - by direx - 2012-09-02, 12:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] [GIT] DTS-HD MA not working0