Windows 8 Metro App
I don't suppose there's any development occurring for a Win8 Metro remote app at all is there? I would absolutely love one to play with, however nothing seems to exist yet. I would give it a go myself, but I fear I wouldn't know where to start - I have looked at the JSON-RPC API, and have some basic JS knowledge, but I got lost very early on; I'm basically not sure how to send the requests to the server, and I'm not all too familiar with JSON anyway. If anyone could provide some insight I may give the app a go myself- it'd be a great opportunity for me to learn too. But ultimately the purpose of this is to ask if anyone's got one on the go? :-)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=future

Maybe the two of you can join forces (at least merge the discussion to one thread)?
Actually, I've got one under development.. I've still got quite a bit of work before it's finished, but the goal is that when win8 is released v1.0 of the app should be available.
So far the backend is finished but I'm working on the layout and design for the moment.

Here are some screenshots of the current status

That looks awesome. What are you writing it in? Any chance I could have a play? :-)
This should be a skin too. It looks amazing
Looks really great!
Something That would be pretty awesome (not sure if you can do it) but have the ability to slide the cover art to the top (like you are "throwing" the movie to the TV Screen).

Just for purely aesthetic reasons (and awesome factor! Tongue)
(2012-08-14, 11:54)danceresort Wrote: Something That would be pretty awesome (not sure if you can do it) but have the ability to slide the cover art to the top (like you are "throwing" the movie to the TV Screen).

Just for purely aesthetic reasons (and awesome factor! Tongue)

That would be cool. Not sure it will make it to v1.0 though, right now I'm working on the remote part and trying to get as much functionality as possible in there.

Will post some more screenshots later of the current status.
Current status. Please let me know what you think.

(2012-08-14, 21:54)zetterlund Wrote: Current status. Please let me know what you think.

That looks great. Are you planning to release alpha or a beta version soon? Let me know and i can test it for you on my lumia 900.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-08-14, 22:43)hunkyn Wrote: That looks great. Are you planning to release alpha or a beta version soon? Let me know and i can test it for you on my lumia 900.

Thanks, but this version is for Windows 8 only, my contribution of a XBMC remote for Windows Phone can be found here:

XBMC Remote

XBMC Forum thread
That is wonderful work, I'm running Windows 8 and would be willing to test this for you if you want.
this looks amazing, would be deadly looking on a tablet
Hi, I'm a long time user of XBMC with a Windows 8 (RTM) tablet - I'd be very interested to see your work and be very happy to test for you.
Hi m8, this looks really amazing Big Grin Please send me a PM if you want me to test it. I have windows 8 standby for you Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8 Metro App0